AT&T vs. Spectrum
Compare AT&T and Spectrum internet, TV and bundle services.
Is AT&T or Spectrum better for you?
AT&T and Spectrum offer comparable internet, TV and home phone services and plans. When comparing the two providers, you’ll find each to have different availability, pricing, internet speeds, equipment and more. Take a look at what each has to offer to determine which is the better provider for your home.
- Spectrum internet is available in more places than AT&T internet, but AT&T offers TV to more places through their DIRECTV service.
- Spectrum offers greater discounts for bundling.
- AT&T Fiber gives you the best value for high-speed internet. Spectrum internet may be a better option where AT&T Fiber is not available.
- AT&T’s DIRECTV offers better TV pricing and more channel packages, including their exclusive NFL SUNDAY TICKET.
- AT&T ranks higher than Spectrum in customer satisfaction across most JD Power categories and regions
At Allconnect®, we’ve done the research on AT&T and Spectrum for you, so you can easily compare and choose the better internet, TV and home phone provider for your home.
AT&T Internet vs Spectrum Recap
Spectrum is a nice balance of price and speed, but doesn’t have as many options as AT&T. If you want to bundle DIRECTV or your family is big into streaming or gaming and require faster speeds, AT&T is the only way to go.
- Pricing: Plan-for-plan, Spectrum is cheaper than AT&T.
- TV + internet bundles: DIRECTV is a phenomenal service, but you’ll save more money by bundling with Spectrum than AT&T.
- Speed: Spectrum maxes out at 100 Mbps, but AT&T reaches up to 1 Gig (1,000 Mbps) speeds.
- Customer service: AT&T ranks better, but internet customer service is never pretty.
AT&T vs. Spectrum quick comparison
- Available in 21 states for internet, 50 states for TV
- Internet and TV bundles starting at $65/mo.*
- Standalone internet starting at $40/mo.*
- Internet download speeds range 5 to 940 Mbps
- TV channels range 155 to 330+
- One-year contract required for internet
- Two-year contract required for TV
- Available in 45 states for internet and TV
- Internet and TV bundles starting at $89.98/mo.*
- Standalone internet starting at $44.99/mo.*
- Internet download speeds range 60 to 940 Mbps
- TV channels range 125 to 200+
- No contract required
*Pricing per month plus taxes for length of contract. Additional fees and terms may apply. Pricing varies by location and availability. All prices subject to change at any time. May or may not be available based on service address. As of 8/6/18.
Click the category below to learn more about what sets these two providers apart.