Internet providers in New Mexico
Find internet providers for every New Mexican city, ZIP code and address.
Find TV and internet providers across New Mexico
Allconnect helps you quickly compare your options. Select your city below to learn more about TV and internet providers in your area.
Internet providers in New Mexico
|Provider||Starting price||Download speeds||Tech||State availability|
|CenturyLink||$50.00/mo.||100 to 940 Mbps||Fiber, DSL||63%|
|Xfinity||$24.99/mo.||75 to 3,000 Mbps||Fiber, cable||55%|
|T-Mobile 5G Home||$50.00/mo.||Up to 245 Mbps||Fixed wireless/5G Home||57%|
|HughesNet||$49.99/mo.||25 to 50 Mbps||Satellite||100%|
|Windstream||$39.99/mo.||Up to 100 Mbps||DSL, fiber||25%|
|NMSurf||$49.99/mo.||Up to 100 Mbps||Fixed wireless||40%|
|Choice||$44.99/mo.||25 Mbps||Fixed wireless||43%|
New Mexico internet at a glance
New Mexico is covered by five major internet providers: T-Mobile, Windstream, CenturyLink, Xfinity, and HughesNet and two regional providers, NMSurf and Choice. In your area, you can choose from DSL, cable, fiber-optic or satellite internet with prices starting at $24.99/mo.* and speeds ranging from 25 Mbps to 3,000 Mbps. Service and speeds will vary by provider.
Most widely-available providers in New Mexico
- Centurylink: 63% coverage. Centurylink has no contracts or termination fees to worry about.
- T-Mobile: 57% coverage. T-Mobile has one 5G home internet plan with no price hikes or hidden fees.
- Xfinity: 55% coverage. Cox offers a large variety of plans with Panoramic Wi-Fi.
Fastest internet in New Mexico
Average New Mexico internet subscribers can reach speeds up to 118 Mbps, but depending on your location, you can get speeds up 500 Mbps and higher if you are in a metro area.
Here are the providers that offer the fastest speeds in New Mexico, where available:
- Xfinity – Cable network speeds up to 500 Mbps
- CenturyLink – Fiber optic network speeds up to 500 Mbps
Cheapest internet in New Mexico
If you’re looking for affordable internet plans, New Mexico providers have many options to shop. You can also get additional savings when you bundle multiple services with a single provider.
Here is the internet provider with the cheapest internet plans in NM:
*Pricing per month plus taxes for length of contract. Additional fees and terms may apply. Pricing varies by location and availability. All prices subject to change at any time. May or may not be available based on service address. Speeds may vary. As of 10/02/23.
Quality of internet access in New Mexico
Nearly all areas of New Mexico have access to the minimum recommended broadband speed of 25/3 Mbps:
- Residents with broadband access (speeds at or over 25/3 Mbps): 99%
- Residents with access to gigabit speeds (at or over 1000/100 Mbps): 13%
- Average download speed in New Mexico: 118 Mbps
Sources: FCC coverage maps and data, internal speed test results and provider websites.
- FeaturedA guide to internet resources for Native Americans Joe Supan — 6 min read
- FeaturedACP program allows eligible households to get high-speed internet for free Robin Layton — 2 min read
- Featured100 most connected places to live in America Taylor Gadsden — 2 min read
Friday, September 29, 2023Ethernet cable speed categories explained
David Anders — 5 min read
Friday, September 29, 2023High inflation leaves Americans struggling to pay for internet, survey shows
Camryn Smith — 2 min read
Wednesday, September 27, 2023FCC leader wants to reinstate net neutrality
Robin Layton — 2 min read