Find cable internet providers in your area
What is cable internet?
Cable internet is an internet connection type using the same cable that connects to your TV. Because the cable used by your TV provides much greater bandwidth than phone lines, cable internet is much faster than DSL. Most cable providers offer cable and internet packages at a discounted rate so you can easily save more money by save more money by bundling your TV, phone and internet services.
Pros and cons of cable internet
- No home phone line is required to get cable internet
- As long as you’re hooked into the network, you can expect a good cable internet connection
- Cable internet offers speeds much faster than dial-up and DSL internet
- Get service for a price that meets your budget and remains steady
- Available and easily connected in most areas
- Internet speeds during peak usage times because you’ll share a connection with users in you area
- Most cable internet providers have data caps and may throttle your internet speed or charge additional fees when the max has been hit
- The more devices connected, the slower your internet speeds
Choosing your cable internet provider
When comparing cable internet providers, keep in mind important features like:
- Pricing – Internet plans from different cable internet providers can vary greatly in price. Many times, local cable companies will have similar pricing and will be your best bet for cheap internet service.
- Available speeds – Consider your internet browsing habits and how many people will be using your internet-connected devices when selecting your internet speed. Incompatible speeds can cause service disturbances like lag and buffering.
- Equipment fees – Many providers offer free equipment rental or discounted pricing with certain plans or cable internet bundles. Some providers may charge fees for router and modem rental that can make service more expensive than you anticipated.
- Features – You may be eligible for additional bonuses like security software, Wi-Fi hotspot access and more with your cable internet services.
- Contracts – Unexpected service contracts can leave you stuck with a provider for longer than you want. Be sure to read the fine print on your service agreement to see whether or not there’s a term limit on your service or what fees you could incur if you cancel.
For more specific information on internet providers in your area, give Allconnect® a call today. We’ll help you compare cable internet pricing, speeds and more near you.
- Speeds up to 300 Mbps
- Data cap of 1 TB/mo.
- Access to more than 500,000 free Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide
- Speeds up to 500 Mbps
- Data caps vary by plan
- Free Total Defense Internet Security Suite
- Hundreds of Wi-Fi hotspot locations
- Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- No data caps
- Free modem and DVR equipment
- Thousands of Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide
- Speeds up to 2,000 Mbps
- No data caps
- Monthly modem rental fee
- Millions of nationwide Wi-Fi hotspots
As ranked by Reviews.com as of 8/23/18.
Differentiating between cable internet providers can be tricky since most consumers are limited to the cable providers that service their area. If you’re looking for unlimited data with your cable internet service, providers like Optimum, Spectrum or XFINITY may be best for you. Speed offerings from cable internet providers will vary depending on where you’re located. Call a call to find out which cable internet providers, speeds and plans are available near you.
Who provides cable internet service in my area?
Depending on your address, you could be eligible for cable internet service from providers such as Spectrum, Cox, XFINITY or a number of others. We’ve listed a few of the largest cable internet providers below.
|Providers||Starting price*||Speeds up to||Learn more|
|$44.99/mo.||940 Mbps||Spectrum internet|
|$49.95/mo.||2,000 Mbps||XFINITY internet|
|$44.99/mo.||300 Mbps||Cox internet|
|$29.99/mo.||400 Mbps||Optimum internet|
|$69.99/mo.||500 Mbps||Mediacom internet|
*Pricing per month plus taxes for length of contract. Additional fees and terms may apply. Pricing varies by location and availability. All prices subject to change at any time. May or may not be available based on service address. Speeds may vary. As of 02/04/19.
Save with bundles from top cable internet providers
Bundling cable internet services with your internet service provider can be a great way to save money and simplify your monthly bill if you’re interested in more than one service. Depending on which provider you choose to bundle with you may be saving more money with one than another.
Take a look at monthly bundle savings from two popular cable internet providers with comparable availability and speed offerings.
- Internet 200 Mbps – $44.99/mo.* standalone
- 125+ TV channels – $44.99/mo.* standalone
- Phone – $9.99/mo.* not available standalone
- Internet, TV and phone – about $99.97/mo.* bundled
Bundled savings: $0/mo.*
- Internet 150 Mbps – $54.99/mo.* standalone
- 140+ channels – $49.99/mo.* standalone
- Phone – $20/mo.* standalone
- Internet, TV and phone – about $89.99/mo.* bundled
Bundled savings: $34.99/mo.*
*Pricing per month plus taxes for length of contract. Additional fees and terms may apply. Pricing varies by location and availability. All prices subject to change at any time. May or may not be available based on service address. Speeds may vary. As of 2/04/19.
Customer satisfaction with cable internet
When you look at cable internet reviews from real consumers, popular providers like AT&T, Cox, Spectrum and XFINITY rank well amongst other types of internet providers. All are ranked in a range of 60 to 69 out 100, with the highest score of 69 going to AT&T Internet and the lowest score of 60 going to XFINITY. Cable internet providers take second and third place, as well as a majority of the remaining top 10 spots. Check out more internet service provider reviews from the American Customer Satisfaction Index.
Common cable internet questions
Cable internet is best for the moderate internet user. This connection type is best if you use your internet for web browsing, streaming movies or music, gaming and video chats.
If a cable internet connection isn’t right for your browsing habits, consider satellite, DSL or fiber internet instead. Each connection type has it’s advantages, so call to locate the providers in your area and see what’s available.
You’ll typically only experience disruptions in service during strong weather conditions or times of high internet traffic in your area. You and your family will be sharing bandwidth with users around you, so speed decrease will depend on how many devices and people are using the connection at one time.
If you’re unable to shop cable internet near you, you may be located in an area where satellite, DSL or fiber connections are your only options. Compare and contrast connections to select the best internet option for you.
Bandwidth usually refers to how much information your internet signal can transmit in a given amount of time. The more bandwidth your internet has, the easier it will be to continue your favorite internet activities like streaming, gaming and more.
Order your cable internet service today
Allconnect can help you find the perfect cable company and internet plan. Just give our home service experts a call today. Compare offers and order everything you need, all on one call.1.844.451.2720 1.844.451.2720