Internet providers in Kentucky
Find the best provider in Kentucky for your home!
Find the best Kentucky internet provider by city
Kentucky is a bluegrass gem located in the Midwest of the United States, and many find its culture charming and rooted. Kentucky is also the home of Mammoth Cave National Park, the world’s most extended cave system, and it also is within the pathway of the beloved Mississippi River. Whether your family has lived in the state for decades or you and your family are planning a bold move, we know how to get the best internet deals!
Kentucky residents have many different local options, but the primary nationwide providers are all working hard to keep the high speeds up in the Bluegrass State. Click the KY city you call home below to find and compare internet providers in those locations.
Select a city:
- Bowling Green
- Central City
- Cold Spring
- Crescent Springs
- Douglass Hills
- Fort Campbell North
- Fort Knox
- Fort Mitchell
- Fort Thomas
- Fort Wright
- Highland Heights
- La Grange
- Mount Sterling
- Mount Washington
- Oak Grove
- St. Matthews
- Taylor Mill
- Villa Hills
- Vine Grove
Summary of Kentucky internet providers
|Provider||Starting price*||Type||Download speed range||State availability|
|AT&T||$55.00/mo.||DSL & Fiber||5 – 4,700 Mbps||31%|
|Windstream||$39.99/mo.||DSL, fiber||100 – 2,000 Mbps||26%|
|Spectrum||$49.99/mo.||Cable||300 – 1,000 Mbps||52.5%|
|T-Mobile||$50.00/mo.||5G||Up to 182 Mbps||84%|
|Verizon 5G||$49.99/mo.||5G||Up to 300 Mbps||8%|
|Altafiber||$39.99/mo.||Fiber||250 – 1,000 Mbps||8%|
Pricing per month plus taxes for length of contract. Additional fees and terms may apply. Pricing varies by location and availability. All prices subject to change at any time. May or may not be available based on service address. Speeds may vary. As of 01/06/23.
Call for details: (844) 451-2720 (844) 451-2720
Kentucky internet at a glance
Long gone are the days of slow speeds in the Midwest. Kentucky internet service providers offer high-speed internet and widespread coverage across each city. Most Kentucky residents opt for one of the more national brands, but other options are available such as satellite internet with HughesNet, Viasat or Starlink.
Most widely-available providers in Kentucky
- T-Mobile: 84% coverage. T-mobile has one 5G home internet plan with no price hikes or hidden fees.
- Spectrum: 52.5% coverage. Spectrum has low equipment fees and no data caps.
- AT&T: 31% coverage. AT&T offers unlimited data and no contracts.
Fastest internet in KY
- AT&T: Fiber network with speeds up to 4,700 Mbps
- Spectrum: Cable network with speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Windstream: DSL and fiber network with speeds up to 2,000 Mbps
Cheapest internet providers in KY
- Spectrum: $49.99/mo.* for up to 300 Mbps
- T-Mobile: $50.00/mo.* for up to 182 Mbps
- Windstream: $39.99/mo.* for up to 100 Mbps
*Pricing per month plus taxes for length of contract. Additional fees and terms may apply. Pricing varies by location and availability. All prices subject to change at any time. May or may not be available based on service address. Speeds may vary. As of 01/06/23.
Quality of internet access in Kentucky
The entire state of Kentucky has access to the minimum recommended broadband speed and less than half of the state has access to gigabit speeds:
- Residents with broadband access (speeds at or over 25/3 Mbps): 100%
- Residents with access to gigabit speeds (at or over 1000/100 Mbps): 43%
- Average download speed in Kentucky: 96 Mbps
Sources: FCC coverage maps and data, internal speed test results and provider websites.
- FeaturedWhat is your state doing to address the digital divide? Ari Howard — 17 min read
- FeaturedGoogle Fiber seeks ‘Trusted Testers’ for new 2 Gig service Robin Layton — 2 min read
- FeaturedCongress included $65 billion for broadband in the infrastructure bill. How will it affect you? Joe Supan — 6 min read