Internet providers in Seattle, WA
Find Seattle internet providers in your area and shop available plans and pricing from top providers in the city.
Searching for deals in your area
Looking for internet service in Seattle?
Find your internet options here. We’ve done the research on Seattle internet providers to help movers and comparison shoppers get the best internet service for their home. Take a look at what you can expect from internet service in Seattle below.
Seattle, WA, internet at a glance
Seattle has four main internet providers across the city. Depending on where you live and your Seattle ZIP code, you could have access to multiple internet types and providers.
Internet availability in Seattle, WA
Cable – 97%
DSL – 92%
Fiber-optic – 75%
Seattle, WA, residential internet providers
*Pricing per month plus taxes for length of contract. Additional fees and terms may apply. Pricing varies by location and availability. All prices subject to change at any time. May or may not be available based on service address. As of 11/27/19.
Compare the largest internet providers in Seattle, WA
The largest home internet providers in Seattle are CenturyLink, Frontier, Wave and Xfinity. CenturyLink and Xfinity are the most widely-available internet providers in Seattle, but some residents may also have access to Frontier and Wave.
CenturyLink – DSL and fiber-optic internet
CenturyLink offers both DSL and fiber-optic internet throughout the city. Service from CenturyLink is available in downtown Seattle as well as neighboring Bellevue, Bremerton, Burien, Kent, Gig Harbor, Manchester, Mercer Island, Renton, Tacoma and Vashon.
- Up to two internet plan options
- Plans starting at $45-$65/mo.*
- Price for Life guarantee with select plans
- Largest Seattle fiber-optic provider
Top Seattle ZIP codes for CenturyLink:
98105, 98106, 98108, 98112, 98115, 98118, 98122, 98134, 98144, 98199
Select CenturyLink Seattle store locations:
- 1505 5th Ave., Seattle, WA 98101
- 93 S Jackson St., Seattle, WA 98104
- 10655 NE 4th St. #208, Bellevue, WA 98004
- 1420 NW Gilman Blvd. #2101, Issaquah, WA 98027
Xfinity – Cable internet
Another option available throughout most of Seattle is Xfinity cable internet. Xfinity service can be found in parts of downtown Seattle, Bainbridge Island, Burien, Des Moines, Federal Way, Kent, Renton, Tacoma and Vashon.
- Up to seven internet plan options
- Plans starting at $19.99-$299.99/mo.*
- Fastest max speeds in Seattle
- No term agreement required with select plans
Top Seattle ZIP codes for Xfinity:
98103, 98106, 98115, 98116, 98119, 98125, 98126, 98136, 98155, 98199
Select Xfinity Seattle store locations:
- 401 NE Northgate Way #400A, Seattle, WA 98125
- 2202 Westlake Ave. Suite 116, Seattle, WA 98121
- 408 Bellevue Square, Bellevue, WA 98004
- 391 Strander Blvd., Tukwila, WA 98188
Frontier – Fiber-optic internet
Frontier FiOS is primarily available to the north and east of downtown Seattle. Top service areas for Frontier FiOS include Bellevue, Bothell, Edmonds, Kirkland, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Redmond and Shoreline.
- Up to three internet plan options
- Plans starting at $29.99-$74.99/mo.*
- No data cap or speed throttling
- No contract required
Top Seattle ZIP codes for Frontier:
98004, 98005, 98011, 98020, 98028, 98033, 98034, 98036, 98133, 98177
Select Frontier Seattle-area store locations:
- 15 SW Everett Mall Way Suite D, Everett, WA 98204
Wave Broadband – Cable internet
Wave is a regional cable internet provider available in parts of Seattle and surrounding areas. Primary service areas for Wave Broadband in Seattle include Beacon Hill, Belltown, Capitol Hill, Interbay, Madrona, Mount Baker and Rainier Valley.
- Up to three internet plan options
- Plans starting at $19.99-$79.95/mo.*
- Unlimited data with select plans
- Use your own equipment option
Top Seattle ZIP codes for Wave:
98040, 98101, 98102, 98103, 98106, 98108, 98118, 98122, 98126, 98144
Select Wave Seattle store locations:
- 4766 1st Ave. S, Seattle, WA 98134
- 502 Rainier Ave. S #101, Seattle, WA 98144
- 4519 SE Mile Hill Dr., Port Orchard, WA 98366
Any or all of the Seattle internet providers above may be available depending on where you live. Click “View providers” to check for available providers in your ZIP code, or call to speak with our internet experts about available providers and plans at your address.
What’s the fastest internet speed in Seattle?
Download speeds 250 Mbps or higher
Seattle – 95%
Washington – 78%
U.S. – 73%
Download speeds 1,000 Mbps or higher
Seattle – 77%
Washington – 20%
U.S. – 16%
More than three-quarters of Seattle residents have access to download speeds of 1,000 Mbps or higher thanks to the high-speeds from fiber-optic and cable internet providers in the area. Fiber-optic internet service is also best for fast upload speeds and is less vulnerable to decreased speeds during peak usage times than cable.
Seattle fiber-optic and cable internet providers fastest max speeds
- CenturyLink – Fiber-optic internet with upload and download speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Frontier FiOS – Fiber-optic internet with upload speeds up to 880 Mbps and download speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Wave Broadband – Cable internet with upload speeds up to 10 Mbps and download speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Xfinity – Cable internet with upload speeds up to 35 Mbps and download speeds up to 2,000 Mbps
Xfinity is the fastest internet provider in Seattle with download speeds up to 2,000 Mbps in select locations. To find out if this plan and other high-speed internet plans are available in your area, click “Shop plans” below. You can also call to speak with our internet experts about the fastest Seattle internet speeds near you.
Shop cheap internet service in Seattle
If you’re looking for cheap internet plans in Seattle, you may have a few options for service starting at less than $30/mo. Plan pricing and availability will vary by location — call to find out if any of these cheap internet plans are available in your area.
Cheap internet plans in Seattle, WA
- Xfinity Performance Starter Internet – $19.99/mo.* for up to 15 Mbps
- Wave High Speed 100 – $19.99/mo.* for up to 100 Mbps
- Frontier FiOS 50/50 – $29.99/mo.* for up to 50 Mbps
- CenturyLink High Speed Internet – $45/mo.* for up to 40 Mbps
When shopping for internet in Seattle, keep in mind that cheap plans may require special terms or conditions to get the lowest price. For example, Wave’s cheapest plan pricing is only available for the first six months of service, after which your price will increase. Additionally, fees for equipment rental and Wi-Fi service can add to your monthly costs.
Trust our internet experts to inform you of upfront costs and ongoing monthly costs for internet service in Seattle. We work with multiple providers in the Seattle area to help you find the best deals.
Seattle, WA, Wi-Fi hotspots
Whether you’re picking up the catch of the day at Pike Place Market or taking in a Mariners game at Safeco Field, you want to stay connected when you’re out and about. Here’s where you can find free Wi-Fi around the city so you’re never disconnected. Remember not to share passwords or sensitive information on public networks, though.
Where to find free Wi-Fi in Seattle:
- Attractions, like the Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP), the Space Needle, Seattle Art Museum and Seattle Public Library
- Coffee shops, like Elm Coffee Roasters, Seattle Coffee Works, Starbucks and Storyville Coffee Company
- Retail stores, like Ada’s Technical Books & Cafe, Barnes & Noble, Card Kingdom, Nordstrom and REI
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
If you’re an Xfinity or Frontier customer, you can take advantage of mobile hotspots from your provider. Xfinity has a network of more than 18 million mobile hotspots across the United States. Frontier allows you to purchase hourly, daily or monthly passes to Frontier My Wi-Fi or you can purchase unlimited Wi-Fi access as part of your service plan.
Find internet providers in Seattle
It’s easy to find the best internet provider in Seattle for your home. Call now to speak with an internet expert about plans available near you.