Internet providers in Massachusetts
Compare plans from different Massachusetts providers to find the best fit for your home.
Find Massachusetts internet providers by city
Planning to move to the Greater Boston metropolitan area, or another part of Massachusetts? You’re not alone. As the most populous New England state, Massachusetts is a beloved landing place for both country and city-dwellers alike. If you are brand-new to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or moving within the state, compare the internet service providers available in your area to make sure you are getting the best deal for you.
Massachusetts residents have six primary internet providers to choose from, including regional and nationwide providers. Click on any of the MA cities below to find and compare internet providers in those locations.
Select a city:
- Agawam Town
- Amesbury Town
- Amherst Center
- Barnstable Town
- Bliss Corner
- Braintree Town
- Buzzards Bay
- East Falmouth
- East Harwich
- East Sandwich
- Easthampton Town
- Fall River
- Franklin Town
- Great Barrington
- Greenfield Town
- Mansfield Center
- Methuen Town
- Middleborough Center
- New Bedford
- North Adams
- North Brookfield
- North Plymouth
- North Scituate
- North Westport
- Northwest Harwich
- Ocean Bluff-Brant Rock
- Palmer Town
- Smith Mills
- South Amherst
- South Dennis
- South Yarmouth
- Southbridge Town
- Turners Falls
- Watertown Town
- West Brookfield
- West Concord
- West Springfield Town
- West Yarmouth
- Weymouth Town
- Winthrop Town
- Yarmouth Port
Summary of Massachusetts internet providers
Use the chart below to compare the top six Massachusetts internet providers by price, speed and availability. Call now for information about specific plans and promotions going on in your area.
|Provider||Starting monthly price*||Download speed range||Tech||State availability|
|Verizon 5G||$25.00/mo.||85 – 1,000 Mbps.||5G||68%|
|Xfinity||$30.00/mo.||50 – 3,000 Mbps||Cable||83%|
|Astound Broadband||$19.99/mo.||110 – 1,200 Mbps||Cable, fiber-optic||20%|
|Spectrum||$49.99/mo.||300 – 1,000 Mbps||Cable||11.6%|
|T-Mobile||$50.00/mo.||Up to 245 Mbps||5G||92.5%|
|Starry||$50.00/mo.||Up to 200 Mbps||5G||8.6%|
*Pricing per month plus taxes for length of contract. Additional fees and terms may apply. Pricing varies by location and availability. All prices subject to change at any time. May or may not be available based on service address. Speeds may vary. As of 01/10/23.
Call for details: (844) 451-2720 (844) 451-2720
Massachusetts internet at a glance
Internet service providers in Massachusetts offer a variety of speeds, prices and internet connection types. The Bay State, as it is popularly known, has internet options from providers including Verizon, Xfinity and Spectrum.You can also find several satellite and fixed-wireless internet providers available in the state of Massachusetts.
Most widely-available providers in Massachusetts
- T-Mobile: 92.5% coverage. T-Mobile has one 5G home internet plan with no price hikes or hidden fees.
- Xfinity: 83% coverage. Xfinity has a wide range of plans available in the Northeastern, Central/Southern and Western regions of the country.
- Verizon: 68% coverage. Verizon has two 5G home internet plans and a fiber-optic network.
Fastest internet in Massachusetts
These providers offer high internet speeds, depending on your location:
- Xfinity: Cable network with speeds up to 3,000 Mbps
- Verizon: 5G and fiber-optic network with speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Astound Broadband: Cable and fiber-optic network with speeds up to 1,200 Mbps
- Spectrum: Cable network with speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
Cheapest internet in Massachusetts
- Astound Broadband: $19.99/mo.* for up to 110 Mbps
- Xfinity: $30.00/mo.* for up to 75 Mbps
*Pricing per month plus taxes for length of contract. Additional fees and terms may apply. Pricing varies by location and availability. All prices subject to change at any time. May or may not be available based on service address. Speeds may vary. As of 16/10/23.
Quality of internet access in Massachusetts
The entire state of Massachusetts has access to the minimum recommended broadband speed, but less than 10% of the state has access to gigabit speeds:
- Residents with broadband access (speeds at or over 25/3 Mbps): 100%
- Residents with access to gigabit speeds (at or over 1000/100 Mbps): 7%
- Average download speed in Massachusetts: 134 Mbps
Sources: FCC coverage maps and data, internal speed test results and provider websites.
- FeaturedTips for setting up internet and TV in an apartment Virginia Brown — 3 min read
- FeaturedNYC and NJ boast the fastest internet speeds in the Northeast – where does your state rank? Camryn Smith — 5 min read
- Featured13 best Wi-Fi analyzers to boost your network speeds Alex Sheehan — 5 min read
Wednesday, May 31, 2023Broadband map shows over 8M in US lack access to high-speed internet
Robin Layton — 2 min read
Friday, May 26, 2023How much should I pay for internet?
Joe Supan — 10 min read
Tuesday, May 23, 2023What’s the fastest internet provider? We analyzed millions of speed tests to find out.
Joe Supan — 5 min read