At Allconnect, we work to present quality information with editorial integrity. While this post may contain offers from our partners, our opinions are our own. Here’s how we make money.
Shopping Spectrum internet but worried about having a technician visit your home? Spectrum is one of only a few providers that makes it easy for subscribers to do their own service setup right from home. Choose the Spectrum internet plan for you and then check out the simplest way to activate your connection and home Wi-Fi as soon as possible.
Self-install Spectrum internet and home Wi-Fi
Connect your modem
- Locate the coax cable, connect one end to your cable outlet. Connect the other end to your modem.
- Connect the modem and power cable. Next, plug your modem into an electrical outlet near your modem’s intended location.
- Your modem should connect to the network within two to five minutes. The “Online status” light on the front of the modem will remain solid when the connection is complete.
Connect your modem to your Wi-Fi router
- Locate the ethernet cable in your self-install kit and connect it to the modem.
- Connect the opposite end to the internet port located on the back of your Wi-Fi router.
- Make sure the power cable is connected to your router and that the other end is connected to an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the “Wi-Fi status” light on your router to turn blue. This will indicate that the router has been connected successfully. The connection could take up to 10 minutes.
Connect device to your wireless network
- Locate your Wi-Fi settings menu on any internet-connected device.
- Choose your network name (SSID). Your network name is listed on the sticker on the back of your router.
Activate internet equipment
- Find the activation website located in your self-install kit and complete the prompts to activate your Spectrum service.
- If the website is unavailable or you are unable to reach an internet connection, call 877. 309.5869 to have a Spectrum representative help you with your activation.
- Spectrum Overview
- Spectrum Internet Plans
- Spectrum Internet Ultra
- Spectrum Internet Speed Test
- Spectrum Availability
- Spectrum Bundle Deals
- Spectrum TV Packages
- Spectrum TV Gold
- Spectrum TV Silver
- Spectrum TV Select
- Spectrum Channel Guide
- Spectrum Internet in New York
- Spectrum Customer Service
- Spectrum vs. AT&T
- Spectrum vs. Xfinity
- Spectrum vs. Verizon Fios
- Spectrum vs. CenturyLink
- Spectrum vs. Windstream
- Spectrum vs. Frontier
- Spectrum vs. DIRECTV
Friday, January 22, 2021Wireless news and broadband updates
Ari Howard — 9 min read
Wednesday, January 20, 2021Smalls towns, big internet options: 100 most connected places to live
Taylor Gadsden — 2 min read
Sunday, January 17, 2021What’s the difference between Ethernet and internet?
Lisa Iscrupe — 3 min read