CenturyLink customer service
Find the fastest ways to contact CenturyLink customer support to troubleshoot common internet problems, and how learn how to pay your billl. Search quick guides and phone numbers.
CenturyLink customer service numbers
Need to speak with a CenturyLink customer service rep about your account? Or get technical support for your CenturyLink service? Find the CenturyLink customer service and tech support numbers you need below.
CenturyLink’s customer service number is: (800) 244-1111
Customer service hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Call CenturyLink customer service for:
- Existing customer support
- Billing and payments
- tech support
Additional CenturyLink customer service numbers
Business account support
You can also visit the CenturyLink business support page for additional contact information and quick links to reports and guides regarding your service.
Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. local time.
Para ayuda en Español
(800) 244-1111 (opción 9)
Horas: Lunes – Viernes 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Order new services
Hours: Monday– Friday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. local time.
Ready to order new CenturyLink services?
We’re standing by to assist new CenturyLink customers with their order. Call now to speak with a CenturyLink expert and complete your order in minutes.
Call now: (844) 451-2720 (844) 451-2720
More ways to contact CenturyLink customer service
No time to call the CenturyLink customer service or technical support numbers? There are a few other ways you can get in touch with a CenturyLink representative.
Live chat with online CenturyLink representatives
For immediate assistance, use the live chat feature to be put in contact with an online CenturyLink agent. To connect with an online CenturyLink agent through the live chat feature, visit the CenturyLink contact page and click the Start Chat button. Once you provide your name, you will be able to type any question you want in the live chat box.
CenturyLink social media links
CenturyLink’s social media pages are great sources for news and updates about CenturyLink services, or to contact a representative via a direct message.
Find a CenturyLink store location
Find out where you can get assistance in person using the CenturyLink Store Locator.
CenturyLink troubleshooting and quick help guides
You may be able to resolve some account and service issues without having to contact CenturyLink customer service or technical support.
How to troubleshoot CenturyLink internet issues
You can troubleshoot CenturyLink home Wi-Fi and home phone issues from the CenturyLink troubleshooting page. Enter your account or billing phone number and billing ZIP code, then click Run Test to troubleshoot any issues. The page also offers quick ways to troubleshoot and identify common problems as well as understand what types of CenturyLink internet repair you may need.
How to reset your CenturyLink internet router
- Unplug from the power source
- Wait 15 seconds and plug it back in
- While the device is unplugged, check other connections, such as the wire connecting the modem and router if you have two separate devices.
- Once power is restored to the router, wait a few minutes for it to reboot.
- If all lights on the router are green, and not blinking, your router has established a connection.
- If you notice blinking, yellow or red lights, contact tech support to further troubleshoot the issue
How to manage your monthly CenturyLink internet data use
CenturyLink applies an Excessive Use Policy to most internet plans, advising users to adhere to a 1 TB/mo. data limit. That’s actually a lot of data, more than the average household will use in a month, but when streaming HD and 4K video or connecting multiple devices, it is possible to use 1 TB of data in a month.
CenturyLink does not currently charge fees for data overages, but anyone in violation may receive an email or written notification. Repeat overages could be considered a violation of the CenturyLink internet service Terms and Conditions and result in service disruptions. To avoid violating the CenturyLink Excessive Use Policy, consider these ways to manage your monthly data usage.
How to change your CenturyLink Wi-Fi password
- Make sure your device is connected to your modem, then open a web browser and go to http://192.168.0.1.
- Log into your modem with your Admin username and password, which should be on the side of your modem.
- Select Wireless Setup, then 2.4 GHz.
- Click on Wireless Security, select the name of your SSID and then choose what type of security you want.
- Select Both for encryption type and then Custom for the key/passphrase. There, you can customize your Wi-Fi password.
- Select Apply to save your updated password.
How to check for and report CenturyLink service outages
While CenturyLink takes pride in offering customers reliable service, outages can be an unavoidable occurrence from time to time. If your CenturyLink service isn’t working, first try to troubleshoot the problem yourself. In many cases, resetting the equipment can resolve the issue.
When initial rebooting/troubleshooting doesn’t work, you can check the CenturyLink social media pages for any alerts or updates regarding service outages. You can also enter your account information and ZIP code on the CenturyLink troubleshooting page to check for service outages in your area. To report a CenturyLink internet, home phone or TV service outage in your area, call the CenturyLink tech support number for your service type at any time.
CenturyLink bill pay management
Paying your CenturyLink bill is easy, and you can manage your monthly bill in one of these ways:
- Call the Payment Specialist number 888.646.0004 between the hours of 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday – Friday to pay your bill over the phone.
- Visit CenturyLink Quick Bill Pay or My CenturyLink to log into your account and pay your bill online.
- Visit a CenturyLink store using the CenturyLink store locator to find CenturyLink bill pay locations and pay your bill in person.
- Mail a check or money order along with your account number and remittance slip to your local CenturyLink payment office. Find your local CenturyLink mailing address here.
You can also set up CenturyLink AutoPay to make payments directly from your checking account, savings account, debit card or credit card without worrying about remembering to pay on time. You can enroll in AutoPay while logged in to My CenturyLink for quick CenturyLink bill pay.
CenturyLink customer service FAQs
You can talk live with a CenturyLink representative by phone, online chat or in person at a CenturyLink store location.
- By phone: call 888.723.8010 between the hours of 8 a.m.-6 p.m. local time, Monday – Friday.
- Online chat: Visit centurylink.com/help/chat to initiate a live chat.
- Visit a store: Find the nearest CenturyLink store location and visit during their listed hours of operation.
Quick Bill Pay is a fast, simple way to pay your CenturyLink bill online. See our CenturyLink bill pay information above for instructions on how to pay your CenturyLink bill with Quick Bill Pay.
To find out your CenturyLink order status, start by checking your email for CenturyLink order status updates. You can also submit a Where’s My Tech request. Lastly, you can also chat online with a CenturyLink representative to find your order status.
Some internet service providers use a PPP (Point-to-Point Protocol) connection and may require a PPP username and password. PPP uses authentication protocols to identify specific customers on a broadband internet connection. If you forgot your CenturyLink PPP username, you can chat with tech support to recover it.
The name CenturyLink and the pathways logo are trademarks of CenturyLink.
We value your feedback
Was this page helpful?
We value your feedback
We’re glad! Tell us what helped most on this page.
We value your feedback
Was this page helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!
Your insight helps, and we’ll do our best to improve your experience.
Written by:Taylor Gadsden
Writer, Broadband Content
Taylor is a veteran member of the Allconnect content team and has spearheaded a number of projects, including a data piece on the top fiber cities in the U.S. and a troubleshooting guide on how to connect your p… Read more
Edited by:Robin Layton
Editor, Broadband Content
- FeaturedThe best CenturyLink modems and routers of 2023 Camryn Smith — 5 min read
- FeaturedThe hidden internet fees you really pay with each provider Nicole George — 9 min read
- FeaturedHow ISPs are handling professional installation amid COVID-19 Lisa Iscrupe — 4 min read
Friday, May 26, 2023How much should I pay for internet?
Joe Supan — 10 min read
Tuesday, May 23, 2023What’s the fastest internet provider? We analyzed millions of speed tests to find out.
Joe Supan — 5 min read
Tuesday, May 23, 2023Understanding the difference between 5G, 5 Gbps and 5 GHz
Robin Layton — 3 min read
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for internet news and promos
By subscribing, you agree to receive Allconnect newsletter and promotional emails. Your privacy is important to us.