At Allconnect, we work to present quality information with editorial integrity. While this post may contain offers from our partners, our opinions are our own. Here’s how we make money.
AT&T has rolled out a number of new policies In quick response to the coronavirus and the FCC’s Keep Americans Connected Pledge. With an increased number of customers working and learning from home, these programs will help AT&T customers have a stable online environment at their homes.
Shop internet providers on your terms
Choose your plan and order service on Allconnect, for free.
Compare internet providers with fast speeds and flexible data at the price you need. Choose your plan and order service on Allconnect, for free.Shop internet providers
AT&T help for residential and small business customers
In order to help its customers who may be experiencing hardship due to the coronavirus, AT&T announced that through June 30, customers who notify AT&T of economic hardship due to COVID-19, have 90 days from their initial past due date or until June 30, whichever comes first, to pay their past due balance.
AT&T is waiving late payment fees and overage charges for customers who notify them that they are impacted by COVID-19. This offer is an extension of the original end date of May 13, now through September 30.
Other AT&T COVID-19 aids:
- Hotspot data – AT&T is increasing mobile hotspot data by 15 GB a month for each line on an unlimited plan that currently includes a monthly tethering allotment through Septemeber 30.
- Military connections – AT&T has an agreement with the Navy Exchange Command for military personnel stationed on selected Navy ships to make calls to their loved ones through September 30 at no cost to the Navy or its sailors.
- Unlimited AT&T Home Internet – All AT&T consumer home internet customers, as well as Fixed Wireless Internet, can use unlimited internet data through September 30.
- Access from AT&T – The company is continuing to offer internet access for qualifying limited income households at $10 a month through the Access from AT&T program.
AT&T help for parents, teachers and students
To assist everyone studying from home or those impacted by school closures, AT&T has:
- Created the Distance Learning and Family Connections Fund to support online learning resources.
- Contributed $1 million to the Khan Academy for increased online learning tools.
AT&T refunds for sports packages
In regard to add-on sports packages that customers may have purchased, AT&T has also addressed the delay of several sports seasons. Read on to see AT&T’s policies for each.
NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice and MLS Direct Kick refunds or credits
NBA, NHL and MLS games are suspended, but their seasons have not been officially canceled. AT&T is monitoring the situation and will consider refunds or credits when/if appropriate.
MLB Extra Innings refunds
MLB currently has delayed the start of the 2020 season. AT&T will adjust the time period for cancellations based on the new start date.
Originally written 3/23/2020. Last updated on 7/1/2020.