Spectrum internet and TV in New York, NY
Get your questions — including what internet and TV deals Spectrum offers, which parts of NYC Spectrum covers and how to connect to Spectrum’s Wi-Fi hotspots — answered in one place. With no data caps, no contracts, low equipment fees and TV channel options that include everything from local news to international sports, it’s no wonder that Spectrum cable is a top choice for many New Yorkers.
On this page:
Spectrum services and features
Spectrum is one of the three main internet service providers (ISP) in New York City, along with Verizon and Optimum. Spectrum is a cable provider that covers about 64% of NYC for internet, TV, home phone and mobile services.
Benefits: One of the most attractive aspects of Spectrum is that there are no data caps or contracts. This means that you will never be charged an overage fee or a cancellation fee. You also have access to Spectrum Wi-Fi hotspots throughout the country on up to 15 registered devices.
Services: With Spectrum, you have access to services for both internet and TV to help maximize your experience and solve any problems you might have.
- 24/hr Virtual Assistant
- TV Troubleshooting
- Internet speed test
Spectrum apps: Spectrum offers three different apps for your various TV and internet needs. You can access these apps through the app store or Google Play.
- Spectrum TV app: Watch TV, access your DVR, schedule TV recordings.
- My Spectrum app: Pay your Spectrum bill, troubleshoot and access your Wi-Fi network.
- Spectrum Mobile app: For customers of Spectrum Mobile to manage account info.
TV and internet equipment: Spectrum has uniquely low equipment fees compared to other providers. Some equipment is even free.
- Modem: When you purchase a Spectrum internet package, a modem is included for free.
- Router: If you want in-home Wi-Fi, you will also need to rent a router for $5/mo.
- TV receiver and remote: The receiver and remote costs $7.99/mo. and comes with a built-in DVR so you don’t need to rent additional equipment to record your shows. You do, however, have to pay an additional fee of $4.99/mo. to access the DVR feature.
Spectrum plans and pricing
Whether you’re looking for standalone internet or a package that includes all your home services in one convenient bundle, Spectrum has a plan that can meet your needs in NYC. Spectrum internet plans in New York City have speeds up to 940 Mbps, and lower speeds are available if you are looking for a basic plan, such as the Spectrum Internet Ultra plan. Add on a Spectrum cable TV plan with 125+ to 200+ channels to get more value out of your entertainment package.
Spectrum internet pricing in NYC
|Spectrum Internet®||$49.99/mo.*||Up to 200 Mbps|
|Spectrum Internet Ultra||$69.99/mo.*||Up to 400 Mbps|
|Spectrum Internet Gig||$109.99/mo.*||Up to 940 Mbps|
Spectrum TV pricing in NYC
Spectrum bundle pricing in NYC
|Bundle package||Starting price*||Download speeds up to||TV channel count||Home phone|
Double Play Select
✅ Best for budgeters
Double Play Silver
✅ Best for movie buffs
Double Play Gold
✅ Best for sports fans
|Internet + Voice||$59.98/mo.||200 Mbps||N/A||Unlimited nationwide calling|
|TV Select + Voice||$54.98/mo.||N/A||125+||Unlimited nationwide calling|
Where is Spectrum available in NYC?
Spectrum is available in all five NYC boroughs, including The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island. Spectrum offers coverage in nearly 100% of Manhattan, including Harlem, Chelsea, Gramercy Park, Greenwich Village, the East Side and the Inwood area. Similarly, Spectrum has nearly complete coverage throughout Queens and Staten Island, including Port Richmond, Stapleton, South Shore and Mid-Island.
Brooklyn and The Bronx have significantly less Spectrum coverage. The western third of Brooklyn is covered by Spectrum, as is only the northernmost part of The Bronx, including the Mount Vernon area.
See which ZIP codes Spectrum internet covers in Brooklyn and The Bronx:
Brooklyn: 11201, 11205, 11206, 11209, 11213, 11215, 11216, 11217, 11219, 11220, 11222, 11228, 11231, 11232, 11238
The Bronx: 10463, 10466, 10470
Spectrum retail store locations in NYC
Visit a Spectrum store near you in any New York City borough, or make an in-store appointment to cut down on wait times. In most Spectrum stores you can pay your bill, get a self-install kit, see equipment demos and more. Call ahead to see exactly which features your nearest store offers.
- 701 N. MacQuesten Pkwy, Mt. Vernon, NY 10552, 866.874.2389
- 118 Flatbush Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11217, 888.406.7063
- 769 5th Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11232, 866.874.2389
- 177 North 7th St Brooklyn, NY 11211, 888.406.7063
- 531 86th St Brooklyn, NY 11209, 888.406.7063
- 1360 3rd Ave., New York, NY 10075, 866.874.2389
- 700 Broadway, New York, NY 10003, 866.874.2389
- 43 W. 23rd St., New York, NY 10010, 888.406.7063
- 396 Grand St., New York, NY 10002, 888.406.7063
- 261 3rd Ave., New York, NY 10010, 888.406.7063
- 1865 Broadway, New York, NY 10023, 888.406.7063
- 2554 Broadway, New York, NY 10025, 866.874.2389
- 133-19 Atlantic Ave., Queens, NY 11418, 866.874.2389
- 40-24 College Point Blvd., Queens, NY 11354, 866.874.2389
- 28-56 Steinway St., Astoria, NY 11103, 888.406.7063
- 31-01 23rd Ave., Astoria, NY 11105, 866.874.2389
- 80-28 Cooper Ave., Suite 6-112 Glendale, NY, 11385.888.406.7063
- 164-10 Jamaica Ave., Jamaica, NY 11432, 888.406.7063
- 71-40 Austin St., Forest Hills, NY 11375, 888.406.7063
- 23-58A Bell Blvd., Bayside, NY 11360, 888.406.7063
- 90-15 Queens Blvd., Elmhurst, NY 11373, 866.874.2389
- 2845 Richmond Shopping Center, Staten Island, NY 10314, 866.874.2389
- 100 Cable Way Staten Island, NY 10303, 866.874.2389
Moving and transferring your Spectrum service in NYC
If you’re moving across boroughs within NYC or planning a long-distance move to “The Big Apple,” it’s easy to move your Spectrum service to your new home. Here’s how to move your NYC Spectrum service to your new location:
- Call Spectrum support at 855.363.4902 to schedule your transfer service date.
- A representative will let you know if you can take your equipment with you to your new address.
- If you are moving locally, self-installation may be an option for setting up service at your new home.
Tips for moving your Spectrum service in NYC:
- If you are transferring TV service to a new location, Spectrum channel lineups may vary.
- Spectrum accounts must be in good standing to be eligible to be moved to a new location.
- Reach out to Spectrum customer service if you have other questions about your NYC Spectrum services.
How to connect to Spectrum Wi-Fi Hotspots
The easiest way to connect to Spectrum Wi-Fi Hotspots is through the My Spectrum App. When you set up Spectrum Wi-Fi Hotspots in the app, your phone will automatically connect to a hotspot whenever it can.
- Open My Spectrum App
- Select the account tab
- Click Install Spectrum Wi-Fi Profile
- Follow the prompts to complete installation
If you don’t want to use the My Spectrum app, you can also manually connect to Wi-Fi when you are in a hotspot zone.
- Select a Hotspot network in your settings account (SpectrumWifi, SpectrumWifi Plus, CableWifi or Boingo)
- Open your internet browser
- Sign in with your username and password
Written by:Lisa Iscrupe
Writer, Broadband & Data Content
Lisa uses years of experience in sales and customer service for internet-TV providers to inform her writing on broadband. Her work has been referenced by CNN and other national sources. … Read more
- Spectrum Overview
- Spectrum Internet
- Spectrum Internet Ultra
- Spectrum Internet Speed Test
- Spectrum Availability
- Spectrum Bundle Deals
- Spectrum TV
- Spectrum TV Gold
- Spectrum TV Silver
- Spectrum TV Select
- Spectrum Channel Guide
- Spectrum TV App Guide
- Spectrum Internet in New York
- Spectrum Customer Service
- Moving Spectrum Service
- Spectrum COVID-19 Update
- Spectrum vs. AT&T
- Spectrum vs. Xfinity
- Spectrum vs. Verizon Fios
- Spectrum vs. CenturyLink
- Spectrum vs. Windstream
- Spectrum vs. Frontier
- Spectrum vs. DIRECTV
Saturday, October 24, 2020How iPhone prices went from $650 to $1,000 in five years
Joe Supan — 5 min read
Friday, October 23, 2020Top cafes with Wi-Fi and outdoor seating in Atlanta
Allconnect — 7 min read
Friday, October 23, 2020Courting during COVID: Online dating gets singles back out there
Taylor Gadsden — 4 min read
Compare Spectrum internet plans near you
Moving or looking for a new deal in NYC? Let us help you find the right internet plan for your needs. Call now to start comparing providers, prices and speeds in your local area.