Internet service providers in Albuquerque, NM
Find the Albuquerque internet provider that suits your needs by comparing pricing, speed and availability.
Residential internet providers in Albuquerque by availability
*Pricing per month plus taxes for length of the contract. Additional fees and terms may apply. Pricing varies by location and availability. All prices subject to change at any time. May or may not be available based on the service address. As of 10/16/19.
The three largest providers in Albuquerque, NM, are Xfinity, CenturyLink and HughesNet.
Xfinity is the only cable internet provider available in Albuquerque, but it does cover about 94% of the city. Fiber internet service is available from CenturyLink.
Two companies offer satellite internet, which has a 100% coverage range in the city. HughesNet is the largest satellite internet service provider in Albuquerque. You can also choose satellite services from Viasat at a lower starting price.
Compare the largest internet providers in Albuquerque
The biggest differences between the largest internet service providers in Albuquerque are their service offerings. Here’s some information about the most widely available internet providers and why Albuquerqueans love them.
Xfinity is one of the largest providers in the country and offers blazing-fast speeds up to 2,000 Mbps via a cable connection.
Why Albuquerqueans love it:
- Xfinity offers some of the fastest internet in Albuquerque that isn’t fiber.
- Xfinity customers have more options for add-on services like cable TV.
With a wide range of speeds options, most households can find a plan that fits their needs with CenturyLink. Depending on where you live, you may be able to choose between DSL or fiber-optic internet.
Why Albuquerqueans love it:
- CenturyLink’s DSL coverage reaches most of the city.
- CenturyLink has the largest amount of fiber coverage of any provider in the city.
Fastest internet in Albuquerque
Albuquerque has relatively high internet speeds, but the speeds tend to drop the farther away you are from the city, as do the number of available internet providers.
Fastest max advertised download speeds in Albuquerque, NM
Fiber-optic internet offerings may be limited to select areas. Xfinity and CenturyLink provide the highest speeds with the best amount of coverage.
Albuquerque Wi-Fi hotspots
If you’re visiting Albuquerque to take in its rich history, or if you’re a resident who is out for a stroll, it pays to know where the best Wi-Fi hotspots are. While some Wi-Fi networks will be password protected, others are public and can be used by anyone in the vicinity.
Here are a few public places where you can find free Wi-Fi in Albuquerque:
- Most retail stores, like the Barnes & Noble in Uptown
- Most bars, coffee shops and restaurants including Satellite Coffee, Humble Coffee Company and Little Bear Coffee
- All branches of the Albuquerque Public Library system
- Various city locations, including the Albuquerque Aquarium & Botanic Garden, Bear Canyon Senior Center, Old Town Plaza, Robinson Park and more
- FeaturedInternet speed classifications: What counts as fast internet? David Anders — 6 min read
- FeaturedAll you need to know about streaming TV — A beginner’s guide Joe Supan — 6 min read
- FeaturedWhat I learned in the first 24 hours of working from home during the coronavirus Lisa Iscrupe — 6 min read
Wednesday, October 20, 20213G networks are shutting down in 2022, along with millions of phones
Joe Supan — 3 min read
Wednesday, October 20, 2021Setting up guest Wi-Fi in 5 easy steps
Cynthia Paez Bowman — 4 min read
Tuesday, October 19, 2021What data is Google collecting from you and why?
Cynthia Paez Bowman — 5 min read
Looking for internet in Albuquerque, NM?
Finding the right internet service provider for your Albuquerque home is easier with the help of our experts. Click or call now to speak with someone about available plans in Albuquerque.