Find home phone service
Shop home phone providers, plans and pricing near you.
Why 61 million+ households still have home phone service
While many use a cell phone as their sole means of communication, landline phone service offers benefits like low cost and reliability that make having home phone service an appealing option for many.
Whether you choose a digital phone line or a basic landline, some of the best reasons to keep your home phone service include:
- Better voice quality and reception: Compared to their mobile counterparts, you can usually get a better signal reception with landline phone service since it’s a hardwired connection.
- Faster and more accurate responses for 911 emergencies: Landline phone service is already connected to your address, including your specific apartment number. This means the 911 operator already knows exactly where to send help – even if you’re unable to speak.
- Save on your home utilities: Having home phone service may decrease your overall home utilities bill when bundled with TV or internet services. Plus, it’s cheaper to share one home phone line than having multiple cell lines for each member of your household.
- A smarter, connected home: Most modern home phones now have advanced features that integrate seamlessly with other devices in your home.
- Easier long distance calling: Landline phone plans can offer a greater value on long distance calling versus costly cellular roaming charges or call cards.
- Bundle deals that save: Providers offer discounts on double or triple service bundles that can be more cost-effective than standalone plans.
See which home phone providers are available in your area when you call today. Our experts at Allconnect® can help compare plans and providers near you.
Find top phone service providers
Allconnect partners with major, national phone providers to bring you the most up-to-date pricing and offers near you. Check out some home phone service providers that may be available in your area.
Consider other factors like calling features, local and unlimited calling coverage and availability of standalone home phone plans.
|Providers||Cheapest plan*||Calling coverage||Calling features|
|Starting at $37/mo. (when bundled with internet)||Unlimited local calling||Caller ID & Call Waiting|
|Starting at $32.99/mo.||Unlimited local and nationwide calling||20+ calling features|
|Starting at $29.99/mo.||Unlimited local and long distance calling||16+ calling features|
Fios by Verizon
|Starting at $40/mo. (must bundle with internet or TV)||Unlimited local and long distance calls||30+ calling features|
|Starting at $34.95/mo.||Unlimited nationwide calling||6 calling features|
*Pricing per month plus taxes for length of contract. Additional fees and terms may apply. Pricing varies by location and availability. All prices subject to change at any time. May or may not be available based on service address. Speeds may vary. As of 02/12/19.
Explore cheap landline phone service without internet
If you’re interested in cheap landline phone service without internet, it may be difficult to find exactly what you’re looking for. Many providers nowadays only offer traditional landline home phone service as an add-on option to internet and TV plans. Landline phone service uses a traditional phone line to transmit your phone signal, unlike digital phone service which uses an internet connection. Certain providers offer standalone home phone plans in specific areas that don’t require the purchase of additional services. Check out a few that may be available in your area.
Cheap home phone services without internet
- Frontier – Digital Phone Essentials starting at $32.99/mo.*
- Spectrum – Spectrum Voice Basic service starting at $29.99/mo.*
- XFINITY – XFINITY Voice Local starting at $34.95/mo.*
Per month plus taxes for length of contract. Additional fees and terms may apply. Pricing varies by location and availability. All prices subject to change at any time. Last updated 02/12/19.
Pros and cons of top home phone service providers
Considering more than one home phone service provider near you? Check out some pros and cons of a few that may be available in your area.
- Unlimited calling in the U.S., Mexico, Canada and U.S. territories
- 20+ integrated calling features
- Digital phone service has to be bundled with at least internet or TV and is not offered as a standalone service like traditional landline service
- Per minute and unlimited plans offered
- More than 20 custom calling features
- Unlimited U.S. and Canadian calling with select bundles
- Standalone phone plans available in limited areas
- Single-service phone plans available
- No contract commitment
- 28 calling features, including: Call Forwarding, Block Anonymous Calls, Block Caller ID and more
- Bundles best with Spectrum TV and internet to save
- Service is carried through phone lines, so you may experience weather-related service outages
- Calling features include: Caller ID, Enhanced Call Forwarding, Locate Me, Calendar Synchronization and more
- Pair with Verizon Fios internet or TV for extra savings
- Pricing can be more expensive than other providers
- No standalone phone plans are available. Phone service must be bundled with internet or TV service
- Standalone home phone plans available
- No contract required
- 1-year price guarantee
- Talk to places like Canada, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore and Puerto Rico
- Limited calling features
Getting the most value out of your home phone service is easier than you think. Call now to shop plans available in your area from nationwide phone companies.
Discover your home phone features
Calling features are great, but what do they all mean and what can you do with them? Check out some popular calling features that may be available with your phone plan and how to use them.
- Caller ID: See the name and number of an incoming call before you answer the phone.
- Call Waiting: Uses a special tone to notify you of an incoming call while you’re on another call. Also allows you to switch between the two calls, placing the other on hold.
- Call Waiting ID: Identify the name and number of an incoming call while you are on another call.
- Do Not Disturb: Control when you receive incoming calls and prevent unwanted interruptions.
- Busy Redial or *66: When you receive a busy signal, you can use this feature to automatically redial the number for up to 30 minutes and alert you when the line is free.
- Three-way Calling: Have a three-way “conference call” by adding a third party to your conversation.
- Speed Dialing: Instantly call friends, family and colleagues – even if you don’t remember their phone numbers.
- Call Return or *69: Identify and automatically redial the last incoming caller on your line.
- Call Block: Block calls from specific phone numbers and callers.
- Anonymous Call Rejection/Anonymous Call Block: Works with Caller ID feature to reject calls from those that have blocked their caller information.
- Call Forwarding: Redirects your incoming calls to a local or long distance forwarding number so you never miss an important call.
- VIP/Priority Ringing/Distinctive Ring: Designate a special ringtone to each of the numbers in your contacts so you always know who’s calling without picking up the phone.
Common home phone service questions
A landline phone, commonly referred to as a home phone, is a type of phone service that transmits audio data through a wire or fiber-optic cable.
Digital phone service uses cable or a digital phone network to make phone calls. Digital phone service often comes with advanced features like Caller ID, Call Waiting, Three-Way Calling and more depending on your home phone provider and plan selection.
Landline service will not be disrupted as long as you have a cable, satellite, DSL, fiber or wireless internet connection. Dial-up internet service, however, uses your phone line to transmit data. If you have dial-up, using your internet will prohibit you from using your landline phone service and vice versa.
Whether or not you can make long distance and international calls depends on your home phone service provider and your plan. Many providers, like Spectrum, offer unlimited local and limited long distance calling with home phone service. International calls are usually available for an additional monthly fee.
Last updated on 02/12/19.
Order home phone service near you
Whether you’re looking for a standalone plan or a bundle with TV, internet and more, get a home phone plan that works for you. Give Allconnect a call today.1.844.451.2720 1.844.451.2720