At Allconnect, we work to present quality information with editorial integrity. While this post may contain offers from our partners, our opinions are our own. Here’s how we make money.
The FrontierTV app is free to download and use for all Frontier FiberOptic and Vantage TV customers. The app makes watching TV on your smartphone, tablet or computer easy no matter where you go, so don’t miss out on this prime feature. Here’s everything you need to know about the app to get the most out of your Frontier TV services.
On this page:
What is the FrontierTV app?
This app is a feature of all packages that include Frontier TV service. With it, you can watch TV on-the-go, manage your DVR settings and view On Demand content. Though the app has average reviews, it’s worth checking out, especially if you have kids or multiple streaming devices in your home. It’s a great way to let everyone watch what they want, when they want.
How to get the FrontierTV app
If Frontier is available in your area and you are already a customer, you can access the app in a variety of ways.
- For smartphones and tablets: Access and download the app from the App Store or Google Play.
- For streaming devices: The FrontierTV app is not currently available on Roku, Apple TV or Chromecast. However, you download network-specific apps (such as ESPN, CNN and Disney) to these devices and log in with your Frontier ID and password to watch live TV and On Demand content.
- For computers and laptops: Go to https://tv.frontier.com to start watching.
Note: Frontier customers also have access to the MyFrontier app in the App Store or in Google Play. This app lets Frontier internet and TV customers pay their bills, access Frontier customer service and check on the status of technician appointments.
What can I do with the FrontierTV app?
The FrontierTV app has many advanced features and benefits for all Frontier TV customers.
Watch TV anywhere
- Access 100+ live streaming channels
- Filter and search through TV listings
Manage your DVR
- Schedule DVR recordings
- Watch recorded DVR content within the app
Access On Demand
- View On Demand TV and movies
- Download On Demand content to watch when you don’t have internet access
What customers are saying about the FrontierTV app
The app earns a 4.0-star rating on the App Store and 3.0 stars on Google Play. Take a look at what users have to say about its pros and cons.
What FrontierTV app users liked:
- Simple click-to-play setup for live channels
- The built-in remote
- Easy to navigate within the app
Things that need improvement:
- Connection problems, including crashes, lag and error messages
- Not all channels can be watched on-the-go. This is because some networks do not authorize their content to stream via the internet.
System requirements for the FrontierTV app
Check to make sure your tech meets these system requirements before downloading the app.
- Apple devices: OS version 10.3 and newer
- Android devices: OS version 5.1 and newer
- Laptops and computers: Windows 8.1 or 10; MacOS 10.13, 10.14, or 10.15
Once you’ve tried out the FrontierTV app, get more info on how to enhance your TV and internet experience at our Resource Center.
Get the right service with the channels you want when you compare and order service on Allconnect, for free.Compare TV providers
Written by:Lisa Iscrupe
Writer, Broadband & Data Content
Lisa uses years of experience in sales and customer service for internet-TV providers to inform her writing on broadband. Her work has been referenced by CNN and other national sources. In Lisa’s Words: Ever… Read more
Edited by:Trey Paul
Editor, Head of Content
- FeaturedThe guide to watching 4K TV David Anders — 5 min read
- FeaturedThe 4 best modems & routers for Frontier Allconnect — 5 min read
- FeaturedControl your TV with Alexa and never go back to complicated remotes Lisa Iscrupe — 6 min read
Tuesday, October 12, 2021Warning: Want to claim your broadband benefit? Don’t let scammers mislead you
Robin Layton — 2 min read
Tuesday, October 12, 2021A guide to recognizing, controlling internet addiction
Sean Jackson — 5 min read
Tuesday, October 12, 2021Everything you need to know about Internet Essentials by Comcast
Erin Gobler — 3 min read