At Allconnect, we work to present quality information with editorial integrity. While this post may contain offers from our partners, our opinions are our own. Here’s how we make money.
The FrontierTV app is free to download and use for all Frontier FiOS and Vantage TV customers. The app makes watching TV on your smartphone, tablet or computer easy no matter where you go, so don’t miss out on this prime feature. Here’s everything you need to know about the app to get the most out of your Frontier TV services.
On this page:
What is the FrontierTV app?
This app is a feature of all packages that include Frontier TV service. With it, you can watch TV on-the-go, manage your DVR settings and view On Demand content. Though the app has average reviews, it’s worth checking out, especially if you have kids or multiple streaming devices in your home. It’s a great way to let everyone watch what they want, when they want.
How to get the FrontierTV app
If Frontier is available in your area and you are already a customer, you can access the app in a variety of ways.
- For smartphones and tablets: Access and download the app from the App Store or Google Play.
- For streaming devices: The FrontierTV app is not currently available on Roku, Apple TV or Chromecast. However, you download network-specific apps (such as ESPN, CNN and Disney) to these devices and log in with your Frontier ID and password to watch live TV and On Demand content.
- For computers and laptops: Go to https://tv.frontier.com to start watching.
Note: Frontier customers also have access to the MyFrontier app in the App Store or in Google Play. This app lets Frontier internet and TV customers pay their bills, access Frontier customer service and check on the status of technician appointments.
What can I do with the FrontierTV app?
The FrontierTV app has many advanced features and benefits for all Frontier TV customers.
Watch TV anywhere
- Access 100+ live streaming channels
- Filter and search through TV listings
Manage your DVR
- Schedule DVR recordings
- Watch recorded DVR content within the app
Access On Demand
- View On Demand TV and movies
- Download On Demand content to watch when you don’t have internet access
What customers are saying about the FrontierTV app
The app earns a 4.0-star rating on the App Store and 3.0 stars on Google Play. Take a look at what users have to say about its pros and cons.
What FrontierTV app users liked:
- Simple click-to-play setup for live channels
- The built-in FiOS remote
- Easy to navigate within the app
Things that need improvement:
- Connection problems, including crashes, lag and error messages
- Not all channels can be watched on-the-go. This is because some networks do not authorize their content to stream via the internet.
System requirements for the FrontierTV app
Check to make sure your tech meets these system requirements before downloading the app.
- Apple devices: OS version 10.3 and newer
- Android devices: OS version 5.1 and newer
- Laptops and computers: Windows 8.1 or 10; MacOS 10.13, 10.14, or 10.15
Once you’ve tried out the FrontierTV app, get more info on how to enhance your TV and internet experience at our Resource Center.
Find your type of TV
Get the right service with the channels you want when you compare and order service on Allconnect, for free.
When it comes to TV, you’ve got options. Get the right service with the right channels when you compare and order on Allconnect, for free.Compare TV providers
Written by:Lisa Iscrupe
Lisa uses years of experience in sales and customer service for internet-TV providers to inform her writing on broadband. Her work has been referenced by CNN and other national sources. … Read more
Saturday, September 26, 2020How to stream NFL games for free during the 2020 season
Joe Supan — 5 min read
Friday, September 25, 2020Retro Tech Week: ‘What’s on TV?’ takes on a whole new meaning with streaming
Ari Howard — 3 min read
Thursday, September 24, 2020Retro Tech Week: In the age of streaming, video stores offer an algorithm-free alternative
Joe Supan — 3 min read