At Allconnect, we work to present quality information with editorial integrity. While this post may contain offers from our partners, our opinions are our own. Here’s how we make money.
Hockey fans rejoice—you can now watch NHL on Sling TV so you never miss a puck drop. Sling TV launched in 2015 as a way for cord cutters to access network and cable TV channels. In 2016, Sling TV became the first streaming service to air NHL hockey games.
During the hockey season, you can stream the most popular out-of-market matchups, or watch your home team play through your regional sports network. In this article, we’re going to explain how you can watch NHL on Sling TV. Let’s dive in.
Stream TV on your terms
Shop streaming services for your favorite shows and movies on demand, plus live TV.
Cutting the cord doesn’t mean losing live TV. Explore streaming services that have your favorite shows and movies on demand, plus live TV.Compare streaming services
What Sling TV package do you need to watch the NHL?
In order to watch NHL on Sling TV, you must have a Sling Orange or Sling Blue subscription. You also need to purchase the Sports Extra package to watch out-of-market games.
To watch out-of-market NHL games with your Sling Orange or Sling Blue subscription, you’ll need to purchase the Sports Extra package. This package costs an additional $10/mo. and comes with NHL Network, ESPNU, SEC Network, NBA TV and more. New customers can try it free for three days. You can watch most local NHL games through your regional NBC, NBC Sports or Fox Sports channel which are included with Sling Orange and Blue subscriptions.
Does Sling TV require an add-on to watch the NHL?
Sling TV does require an add-on to watch hockey games that are broadcast on NHL Network. Here’s how you can access NHL Network on Sling TV:
- Step one: Sign into your Sling TV account or sign up for a new account.
- Step two: Search for the Sports Extra package and add it to your subscription.
- Step three: Start streaming live NHL games, watch game highlights and more.
What devices do you need to watch the NHL on Sling TV
You can watch NHL on Sling TV through a variety of devices, including:
- Computer browser
- Smartphone or tablet
- Air TV
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Portal TV
- Xbox One
- Compatible smart TVs
Do you need an app?
You will need an app to watch Sling TV on your smartphone, tablet, gaming system or streaming device. To get it, search for the Sling TV app on your device’s app store or channel store. The Sling TV app is completely free. If you prefer to watch Sling TV on your computer, you can stream NHL games directly through your browser.
How to watch the NHL on Sling TV step-by-step
Watching NHL on Sling TV is very easy. And because it’s compatible with tons of devices, you can watch live games at home or on-the-go. Here’s how to watch NHL games on Sling TV:
- Step one: If you’re not already a Sling TV customer, get the Sling TV free trial and choose the Sports Extra package.
- Step two: If you’re already a Sling TV customer, you can add the Sports Extra package through your online account.
- Step three: To watch NHL games on your smartphone, tablet, gaming system or streaming device, visit the corresponding app or channel store and download Sling TV. To watch NHL games on your computer, simply visit the Sling TV website.
- Step four: Sign into your account using your personal login information and find the NHL Network page to start streaming live NHL games.
To sum it up
Watching live NHL games has never been easier with Sling TV. Whether you want to watch a game through NHL Network or your regional sports channel, Sling TV has what you’re looking for. In the off-season, you can stay up-to-date with game highlights, NHL shows and the latest league news. You can also watch your favorite TV shows and movies anytime, anywhere with the Sling TV app. Sign up for Sling TV’s three day free trial and try it out for yourself.
By Elizabeth Rivelli
Stop negotiating channels
Choose streaming services that match your watching habits when you compare on Allconnect.
Watch what you want, when and where you want. Choose streaming services that match your watching habits when you compare on Allconnect.Shop streaming services
- FeaturedSling TV raises prices by $5 on all plans, shuffles channel lineups Joe Supan — 2 min read
- FeaturedStreaming services step up promotions during social distancing Joe Supan — 5 min read
- FeaturedMissing your live sports? Here are some streaming options to fill the void Joe Supan — 5 min read
Tuesday, November 24, 2020What is Wi-Fi? Get the basics on what you need to know
Taylor Gadsden — 4 min read
Sunday, November 22, 20208 smartphone grievances and quick solutions to try
Taylor Gadsden — 5 min read
Saturday, November 21, 2020Internet installers share behind-the-scenes info you probably didn’t know, but should
Lisa Iscrupe — 8 min read