Internet providers in Concord, CA
If you’re looking for the best Concord, CA, internet providers, we can help you compare price, speed and availability to help you choose the perfect internet package for your home.
Residential internet providers in Concord, CA, by availability
|Providers||Starting price*||Speed range||Internet type||Average Concord availability|
|AT&T||$30/mo.||5 – 100 Mbps||DSL||99%|
|Wave Broadband||$19.95/mo.||50 – 1,000 Mbps||Cable||96%|
|Xfinity||$29.99/mo.||15 – 987 Mbps||Cable||95%|
|Sonic||$40/mo.||6 – 1,000 Mbps||DSL, fiber-optic||8%|
|HughesNet||$59.99/mo.||Up to 25 Mbps||Satellite||100%|
|Viasat||$50/mo.||12 – 100 Mbps||Satellite||100%|
*Pricing per month plus taxes for length of the contract. Additional fees and terms may apply. Pricing varies by location and availability. All prices subject to change at any time. May or may not be available based on the service address. As of 10/16/19.
Concord has a relatively strong selection for high-speed internet with considerable coverage of the city.
AT&T offers DSL internet to nearly all of Concord, CA. With speeds of up to 100 Mbps, a DSL connection is all you need for a single user to play games, stream videos, and downloading HD photos.
Both Xfinity and Wave Broadband offer cable internet to large portions of the city. Residents in 95% of the city can choose Xfinity plans with speeds ranging from 15 Mbps to 987 Mbps. Wave Broadband reaches 96% of Concord, CA, and offers speeds ranging from 50 Mbps to 1,000 Mbps.
If DSL and cable aren’t available to you, there are two satellite options in the area: HughesNet and Viasat. Both providers cover the entire area and are an excellent option for residents living further outside the city limits.
Compare the largest internet providers in Concord, CA
If you want to go with one of the largest internet providers in Concord, you’ll have a choice of DSL or cable internet from AT&T, Wave Broadband and Xfinity.
AT&T offers DSL internet to nearly all of Concord, CA, with speeds ranging from 5 Mbps to 100 Mbps.
Why Concord residents love AT&T:
- Bundle your AT&T internet with AT&T U-verse TV, DIRECTV or home phone services to save on your monthly bill
- Select plans come with free installation and free equipment
Regional provider, Wave Broadband, offers cable internet with speeds ranging from 50 Mbps to 1,000 Mbps to a large portion of the city.
Why Concord residents love Wave:
- Select plans come with free installation or perks, such as free streaming devices
- Enhanced Whole Home Wi-Fi from Wave ensures you can connect all of your wireless devices throughout your home
Xfinity also offers cable internet services to a large portion of Concord, CA, with speeds ranging from 15 Mbps to 987 Mbps.
Why Concord residents love Xfinity:
- Bundle your Xfinity internet with TV or home phone services and get a discount
- Manage your home Wi-Fi network and all connected devices with the Xfinity xFi Gateway
Fastest internet in Concord, CA
Concord, California is just northeast of Oakland and San Francisco in Contra Costa County. According to the FCC, nearly 99% of the city has access to high-speed internet speeds of up to 250 Mbps. When it comes to blazing fast speeds of up to 1,000 Mbps, however, only 6% of Concord has access compared to 13% of the nation on average.
Fastest max advertised download speeds in Concord, California
- Wave Broadband – Up to 1,000 Mbps
- Sonic – Up to 1,000 Mbps
- Xfinity – Up to 987 Mbps
- AT&T – Up to 100 Mbps
Concord, CA, Wi-Fi hotspots
Concord has several free Wi-Fi hotspots. They’re mostly located on the premises of private companies like restaurants and hotels, but you can also find Wi-Fi in some public spaces.
The best places to find free Wi-Fi hotspots in Concord are:
- All branches of the Contra Costa County Library
- Most bars, coffee shops and cafes including Rooted, Milk Tea Lab, Panache Caffe and more
- Safeway grocery stores
- FeaturedAll you need to know about streaming TV — A beginner’s guide Joe Supan — 6 min read
- FeaturedInternet speed classifications: What is a good internet speed? David Anders — 6 min read
- FeaturedWhat is your state doing to address the digital divide? Ari Howard — 17 min read
Wednesday, December 22, 2021How to get high-speed internet without cable TV or a phone plan
Lisa Iscrupe — 5 min read
Saturday, December 18, 2021Comcast’s Xfinity now offering 3 Gig speeds nationwide
Ari Howard — 2 min read