Internet service providers in Akron, OH
Use Allconnect® to find the best Akron internet service plans and compare connection speeds, pricing and more.
Residential internet providers in Akron by availability
*Pricing per month plus taxes for length of the contract. Additional fees and terms may apply. Pricing varies by location and availability. All prices subject to change at any time. May or may not be available based on the service address. As of 10/16/19.
Depending on where you live, there’s a very strong change that Spectrum and HughesNet have you covered in most locations in Akron, Ohio. Spectrum’s cable internet is available to almost 100% of the Akron area, and if you’d prefer satellite internet service, check out HughesNet.
AT&T has good coverage, although not as widespread as Spectrum and HughesNet. AT&T’s DSL is available to almost 100% of the area, but its fiber-optic internet service is available to only about 12%.
Meanwhile, Frontier has some of the lowest internet service prices, but their service area is limited throughout Akron at this time.
Compare the largest internet providers in Akron, OH
Akron residents can choose internet service from major providers like AT&T, Frontier and Spectrum. Let’s look at some of the largest internet providers in Akron and the rates and speeds that they offer:
Depending on where you live in Akron, you may have a choice of either DSL or fiber-optic internet service from AT&T with speeds ranging from 5 – 1,000 Mbps.
Why Akronites love AT&T
- No activation fee when you order services online
- Variety of service options to meet individual needs
Frontier customers can lock in their internet service price for two years, meaning you won’t have to worry about an unexpected price increase.
Why Akronites love Frontier
- Lots of plans to fit individual needs and bundles
- Low starting price point
Spectrum’s cable internet services are widely offered throughout the greater Akron area, offering speeds from 30 to 100 Mbps.
Why Akronites love Spectrum
- 24/7 customer service and tech support
- No contracts ever
Fastest internet in Akron, Ohio
Who provides the fastest internet in Akron? Akron, OH, has fast internet connection speeds, offered by a range of providers. Here’s a look at the internet connection speeds from different internet service providers in Akron.
Fastest max advertised download speeds
AT&T may be the best internet service option for you if getting the fastest internet is important to you — provided a fiber-optic connection is available in your area. In general, most internet providers reach a maximum internet connection speed of 100 Mbps. Frontier offers 115 Mbps and would be your second-best option. However, if you’re going for maximal connection speed, you’ll need to go with AT&T.
Akron, OH, Wi-Fi hotspots
If you’re looking to hop on free Wi-Fi in public places, there are quite a few places you can do so in Akron, OH. Here are some of the places you can find free Wi-Fi in Akron:
- Residents can enjoy free public Wi-Fi in the Downtown Akron area including around Cascade Plaza, the Akron Civic Theater and other locations along Main Street
- Some public parks, such as Summit Lake, offer free Wi-Fi
- Cafes and coffee shops including Aroma Coffee & Tea, Nervous Dog Coffee Bar, Caribou Coffee and more
- All locations of the Akron-Summit County Public Library offer free Wi-Fi access
- FeaturedInternet speed classifications: What’s fast, what’s slow and what’s a good internet speed? David Anders — 6 min read
- FeaturedAll you need to know about streaming TV — A beginner’s guide Joe Supan — 6 min read
- FeaturedConfessions of a cord cutter: How you too can gain independence from cable Virginia Brown — 4 min read
Tuesday, August 3, 2021Fact or fiction: The real deal about 5G
Lisa Iscrupe — 5 min read
Monday, August 2, 2021Altice has reduced upload speeds for new customers
Ari Howard — 2 min read
Find your Akron, OH internet provider options
Moving or looking for a new deal? Let Allconnect help you find the right internet plan for your needs. Call now to start comparing providers, prices and speeds in your local area.