Internet Providers in Augusta, GA
Find the best Augusta internet providers and compare availability, speeds, pricing, and more, all in one place.
Residential internet providers in Augusta by availability
*Pricing per month plus taxes for length of the contract. Additional fees and terms may apply. Pricing varies by location and availability. All prices subject to change at any time. May or may not be available based on the service address. As of 10/16/19.
The three largest internet service providers in Augusta are AT&T, HughesNet and Xfinity. All of them offer multi-tiered plans for those looking for cheap internet in Augusta or the fastest internet with a bundle of services.
AT&T offers a balance of options, speeds and cost. DSL service through AT&T promises some of the highest download speeds available in the city. The footprint of the network reaches into other communities beyond Augusta like the northern neighborhoods of National Hills, Lakemont and Montclair.
Xfinity is a popular choice for cable internet in Augusta. You can also bundle Xfinity TV, internet and voice into money-saving plans. City coverage is extensive across both the western part of the city (Blythe, Pinetucky and Farmers Bridge) and eastern fringes around Bennock Mill, Harrisburg and Old Town.
HughesNet is one of the most widespread options for satellite internet available in the area. Their cutting-edge satellite infrastructure can bring the internet to your homes when traditional cable cannot.
Compare the largest internet providers in Augusta
AT&T offers DSL internet and has moderate coverage with service in 83% of Augusta, GA. It has one of the highest download speeds in the city.
Why Augusta loves AT&T:
- Select plans may include equipment or installation free of charge
- Options to bundle with U-verse TV or DIRECTV for TV plans
Xfinity offers cable internet and has excellent coverage with service in 91% of Augusta, GA.
Why Augusta loves Xfinity:
- Free self-install kit helps you save money on up-front costs
- No term agreement required so you don’t have to worry about being locked into a contract
HughesNet offers satellite internet to 100% of the United States with speeds up to 25 Mbps, and they cater primarily to a rural audience.
Why Augusta loves HughesNet:
- Choose your own data cap with a variety of options
- Built-in Wi-Fi lets you seamlessly connect all of your devices
Fastest internet in Augusta
While determining what is fast internet depends on your online activities and number of connected devices, most providers in Augusta, GA, provide more than enough speed. Broadband speeds are defined by the Federal Communications Commission as download speeds of 25 Mbps and upload speeds of 3 Mbps.
Fastest max advertised download speeds in Augusta, GA
Augusta, GA, Wi-Fi hotspots
You can find free Wi-Fi at these Augusta, GA, locations:
- All branches of the Augusta-Richmond County Public Library System
- All McDonald’s fast-food restaurants
- Coffee shops and restaurants, including New Moon Cafe, Pizza Joint and Starbucks
- Government buildings
Many of the Augusta-area internet service providers offer free Wi-Fi hotspots for their customers. For example, AT&T customers can automatically connect to AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots with their mobile devices. Xfinity has a hotspot finder on its website.
- FeaturedInternet buying guide: What you need to know to choose the best service Ari Howard — 7 min read
- FeaturedWant to save money on your cable and internet bills? Our insiders show you how Samantha Cossick — 6 min read
- FeaturedTips for setting up internet and TV in an apartment Virginia Brown — 3 min read
Tuesday, November 22, 2022How to change your IP address
Alex Sheehan — 3 min read
Thursday, November 17, 2022HughesNet debuts Fusion, their new low-latency satellite internet option
Robin Layton — 1 min read
Thursday, November 17, 2022Internet data caps: Who has them, who doesn’t and what you need to know in 2022
Joe Supan — 6 min read