Fiber Optic TV
What is Fiber Optic TV?
Are you ready to finally experience a vast channel lineup and crystal clear audio and picture? If so, then keep reading below to learn more about the next evolution of television.
Fiber Optic TV technology uses glass (in a very fine and flexible form) to transmit information. And since glass cannot generate electricity, Fiber TV is immune to all sorts of interference. This means that it can come in direct contact with high-voltage electrical equipment, power lines, and even lightning – all while still providing a superior connection. Fiber is also able to transmit data much faster over greater distances because the wire is smaller in diameter and weighs less. And all of these qualities make it the ideal alternative for the transmission of information.
Fiber Optic TV in My Area
The fiber optic network is the highest-quality TV signal ever offered to date. And the use of this technology is so new that it’s not yet as widespread as other TV service options. Yet, while several companies offer Fiber Optic TV, Verizon has been the first to truly harness its power. No other company has a product quite like Verizon FioS – purely digital entertainment delivered through America's largest and fastest-growing 100% fiber optic network.
Many other providers are also trying to tap into this state-of-the-art television technology. They are rapidly expanding to offer this service in more and more neighborhoods as it becomes more popular and more demanded. So enter your address in the search box at the top of the page to see if your neighborhood already has the ability to receive fiber optic TV today
And as you’re comparing options, be sure to keep all of these factors in mind. You’ll want to feel confident in knowing that you’re getting as much as possible out of your fiber optic TV package.
- Price: Because fiber optic cables cost less to maintain, the price for fiber TV service tends to be rather competitive with cable TV and satellite TV. And it can still do this while providing more channels and a superior picture and sound.
- Contract Terms and Length: Not only is price important, but be sure to read the fine print on contract lengths and introductory pricing. The first year of service may be a complete bargain, but make sure you’re not locked into a contract for too long. You never know when you may feel the need to change your fiber TV plan or your type of TV service.
- Number of TVs/Devices: Depending upon your fiber service provider, there may be a single charge for porting fiber TV to your home. Or, there could be a separate charge for every TV or device connected to the fiber network.
- Bundles: Does your fiber optic TV provider also offer internet and home phone in your area? Odds are pretty good that they do. And if you’re looking to save a bunch of money while getting a bunch of entertainment services and home utilities connected, then a bundle may be the wisest way to work it in your favor.
- Number, Variety, and Quality of Fiber Channels: Depending upon the package you prefer, you can cheaply receive a wide range of channels. You can get a minimum of 25 channels via your fiber optic TV connection, which consists mostly of the main local broadcast stations (like ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS, etc.) and education and local government channels. Or, if you want the fullest experience, you can get the most expanded package of 425+ channels, which includes popular networks such as Disney, ESPN, MTV, and Fox News. Many fiber service providers also offer additional channels a la carte, such as foreign and international channels, sports-centric channels, premium channels (like HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and Starz), HDTV channels for a crisper and more true-to-life viewing experience, and On-Demand viewing options of popular movies and TV series.
- Add-Ons and Bonuses: Fiber Optic companies offer TV in the finest quality we’ve yet seen. And they do this while offering even more channels in full HD than either cable or satellite. And if your television is HDTV-ready, upgrading to high-definition fiber TV and truly experiencing all that television can be is as easy as flipping a switch. Also, look for adding the convenience of a DVR to your package so you can conveniently record your favorite shows. And if you lead a life that keeps you on the move, you’ll definitely want to research any TV-on-the-go apps or options that your fiber provider may offer.
Order Fiber Optic TV
By now, you know the video quality of fiber optic TV is nothing short of superb. So, the next step is obviously to order it for yourself to experience TV in all its true-to-life glory.
To see if you can secure this clear, robust, and superior digital broadcast signal, just enter your address in the search bar above. And if the fiber network has expanded to your neighborhood, then you’re already primed to experience entertainment at the speed of light. Because by ordering a fiber optic TV service like Verizon Fios, you can rest assured that you're getting one of the best entertainment products currently available on the market.