How to Choose the Best TV for Your HomeA simple trip to buy a new TV can be overwhelming. We're here to help you learn how to choose the best TV for your home.
How to Choose the Best TV for Your Home
Whether you are a dedicated sports fan or simply enjoy unwinding with a movie, shopping for a new TV can be both exciting and a little intimidating. To determine the TV that works best for your home, think about how and where it will be used before you even go to the store.
- Before you choose your TV, Identify where you'll be watching the television. Depending on the size of your room, a bigger TV is not always better. To view a modern television comfortably, everyone should have a fairly direct view of the screen.
- While it might be tempting choose a top-of-the-line television with exquisite screen resolution, spend time comparing the models in a big box retailer. It can be difficult to appreciate the difference between average resolution and the very best that money can buy. Watch the screens side-by-side to see which TV you prefer before you choose.
- Once you know where the TV will be set up, measure. Measure the space where the TV will go. Measure how far the screen will be to seating area. Take these measurements with you to the store.
- Identify electric outlets and cable TV or satellite TV access. Flat screen TVs provide greater flexibility in placement, but they still need to be plugged in.
- Think about windows and lighting. Plasma TV screens have a protective glass front that is reflective.
- Ask about the refresh rate. A low refresh rate will make watching sports or action movies distractingly choppy.
- Technology is constantly evolving and each manufacturer has their own standards when it comes to resolution and contrast. Ask questions as you compare screens not only within the same brand but also from different companies.
- Consider how many hours your TV is on and look at power consumption. LED TVs use less power.
And remember, after you buy your television and have it home and you're not comparing it with dozens of other TV screens, your TV is going to look great.
Speaking of a great looking TV, make sure to put some thought into what you'll be watching. You'll want to consider how to choose between cable TV and satellite TV.