Compare TV and internet providers in Austin, TX
Find your Austin TV and internet providers
Contact our experts at Allconnect® to connect your home services from Austin providers like AT&T or DIRECTV today. With multiple provider options, we can help you find great deals on reliable home phone service, a variety of TV packages and cheap high-speed internet in Austin. Allconnect offers a convenient way for you to find, compare and select your provider all in one place.
What types of internet are available in Austin?
Spectrum is the largest cable internet provider in Austin, covering more than 92% of the area and offering average speeds of up to 200 Mbps. Suddenlink also offers cable service to a much smaller percentage of Austin residents.
- Availability – It won’t be too difficult to find which cable providers are in Austin. Cable internet service is usually available wherever cable television service is offered.
- Speeds – Your cable in Austin commonly has enough speed to support the internet browsing habits of you and your entire family.
- Lag – Other users in your area will be sharing your bandwidth, so you may experience a decrease in speed during peak usage times.
AT&T is the primary DSL internet provider in Austin, with speeds averaging around 100 Mbps. Windstream is available to around 7% of Austin residents and offers speeds of around 25 Mbps.
- Availability – DSL internet often has widespread availability throughout most areas, including Austin.
- Pricing – To establish your DSL internet connection, your provider will use the existing phone lines in your home. Connections that require additional equipment will have higher monthly costs.
- Speeds – DSL offers slower speeds than other internet connection types.
Although fiber has a limited offering nationwide, Austin, Texas, is one of the few major areas where AT&T Fiber service is available. Your fiber internet in Austin offers speeds averaging up to 1 Gbps, or 1,000 Mbps.
- Speeds – Fiber internet currently offers the fastest speeds of any other connection type.
- Availability – Due to the high cost to establish a fiber network, fiber internet is only offered in a small percentage of the Austin area.
Compare high-speed internet providers in Austin
Before selecting your provider and service package, check out some features from major internet providers in Austin and how they compare when it comes to coverage, internet speeds, data caps and more.
|Internet type||DSL, Fiber||Cable||Cable||DSL|
|Average internet speed||1,000 Mbps||200 Mbps||400 Mbps||25 Mbps|
|Data caps||1 TB/mo. or unlimited with select plans||None||Varies||None|
|Contract||12 mos.||No||12 mos.||None|
|Equipment included||Wi-Fi Gateway router||Modem||None||None|
|Wi-Fi hotspots in Austin||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
What TV providers are in Austin?
Offering coverage to 99% of the Austin area, Spectrum is the leading cable TV provider with DISH and DIRECTV offering satellite and AT&T offering DSL. Since all four providers are available to Austin residents, you’ll want to consider package options, channel lineups and more when selecting the provider and plan for you.
Here’s how TV providers in Austin compare:
|Package options||15-550+ channels||155-330+ channels||190-290+ channels||125-200+ channels|
|On Demand programming||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Unique advantage||Premium channels for first 3 mos. and free HD for life||Free HD and DVR||Premium channels for first 3 mos.||NFL SUNDAY TICKET, 4K channels, premium channels for first 3 mos.|
|Bundle with||Cable internet||Spectrum internet and voice||AT&T internet and phone||AT&T internet and phone|
Bundle and save on your Austin home services
Full-service Austin providers like Spectrum let you bundle your services to qualify for additional savings and a single, simplified monthly bill. Single-service providers such as DIRECTV and DISH partner with providers like AT&T and HughesNet to provide a full range of services to bundle.
Choose your Austin energy provider
Texas has been a part of the deregulated electricity market since 2002. This means Austin residents will get to choose from major energy providers in the area, including Austin Energy and Texas Gas Co. If you’re looking to compare Austin electricity providers, call our experts at Allconnect to get the most up-to-date pricing in your area.
Moving to Austin, TX?
Any move can be stressful, especially when moving to a new area. If you’re moving to Austin, let Allconnect take some of the stress out of your move by simplifying how you shop for home services. To further assist your move, we’ve listed some helpful links below to help you get better acquainted with the Austin area:
Last updated on 3/26/18.
Get better home services in Austin
Whether you’re new to the Austin area or just looking for faster internet, cheaper cable service and more reliable home phone, our TV and internet experts can make the process simple. Call Allconnect now to get the most up-to-date pricing and offers from home service providers near you. We’ll find and compare providers in your area to help you select a plan that’s right for you and your family.1.888.888.8888