At Allconnect, we work to present quality information with editorial integrity. While this post may contain offers from our partners, our opinions are our own. Here’s how we make money.
If you’re searching for a cheaper way to watch the NFL this season, consider YouTube TV. This is a streaming service that allows you to watch games on your TV, through your video game console or view them on the go on your phone and so much more. Check out our review of the service for more information on all its capabilities. Best of all, watching the NFL on YouTube TV has never been easier.
The platform offers you a two-week free trial, giving you ample time to see if it’s the right fit for you. Moreover, by using YouTube TV to watch the NFL, you’ll have access to some potentially great matchups this season including the New Orleans Saints going against the Las Vegas Raiders or the Pittsburgh Steelers clashing with the Cincinnati Bengals in a pivotal AFC North matchup late in the season. To see if the NFL on YouTube TV is right for you, here’s a closer look at what the platform offers NFL fans.
Shop streaming services for your favorite shows and movies on demand, plus live TV.Compare streaming services
What YouTube TV package do you need to watch the NFL?
For NFL fans wanting to capture all the action live, there are very few platforms that offer what YouTube TV does in its basic package.
To watch the NFL on YouTube TV, its basic package is more than adequate. This package includes access to all your local channels such as CBS, FOX and NBC, which broadcasts Sunday games. You’ll also gain access to ESPN and the NFL Network to watch other primetime matchups. This package gives you the ability to cheer on your favorite local team while having the best selection of games every week for $65 per month, with none of the broadcasts or programming fees cable companies charge.
In addition, you’ll also have access to unlimited DVR recording space and you can stream on up to three devices at the same time. So, while you’re enjoying the game, others in your household can watch what they want.
Does YouTube TV require an add-on to watch the NFL?
No, YouTube TV’s base package includes everything you need to watch all of the games available in your area live. That said, if you want to watch when teams are about to score, then consider adding on the NFL RedZone channel. Here’s how to do so:
- Step One: Sign up for a free trial if you’re eligible.
- Step Two: After selecting your plan, you’ll have the opportunity to select add-ons. This is where you want to add the Sports Plus Add-On for $10/mo.
- Step Three: Access the NFL RedZone channel on Sundays to see when teams are close to scoring a touchdown. This channel is a must-watch especially at the end of close games.
What devices do you need to watch the NFL on YouTube TV?
One of the main benefits to using YouTube TV to watch NFL games is its wide streaming device compatibility. Here are the devices you can use:
- Android devices
- iOS devices
- Desktop computers (use the Chrome browser for optimum experience)
- Google devices
- Apple TV
- Fire TV
- Smart TVs such as Vizio, LG, Samsung, and Sharp
- Xbox One
- Playstation 4
Do you need an app?
YouTube TV does have an app available. This is a great way to cast your favorite NFL games from your phone or video game console onto your TV. To download the app on your mobile device, visit Apple’s app store or the Google Play store. For video game consoles, you’ll want to visit your marketplace to download the app. The same applies for smart TVs.
How to watch the NFL on YouTube TV step-by-step
Viewing the NFL on YouTube TV is easy to do. Follow these instructions below to get started:
- Step One: Sign up for the YouTube TV free trial.
- Step Two: Choose your package and add-ons. This is where you can add the NFL RedZone channel through the Sports Plus Add-On.
- Step Three: Download the YouTube TV app on your smart TV, gaming console or streaming device.
- Step Four: Open the app then select the viewing guide. This allows you to see which NFL games broadcast for the week. As a guide, the NFL Network shows Thursday night games, Sunday day games will be on CBS or FOX with Sunday night games airing on NBC. And the week culminates with Monday Night Football on ESPN.
- Step Five: When seeing the games for the week, you can choose to record them, as YouTube TV offers unlimited recording space.
- Step Six: On Sundays, don’t forget to use the NFL RedZone channel to see all the action as teams close in on the endzone.
To sum it up
Watching the NFL on YouTube TV is a great option for football fans to consider. The platform offers all the channels you need to catch the most action each week. Best of all, with a generous free trial, unlimited recording space and no sports programming fees, you’ll find it to be a great value when comparing the platform to other options.
By Sean Jackson
Choose streaming services that match your watching habits when you compare on Allconnect.Shop streaming services
- FeaturedMissing your live sports? Here are some streaming options to fill the void Joe Supan — 5 min read
- FeaturedDon’t get sacked by stuttering video: How to deal with buffering during a big game Joe Supan — 4 min read
- FeaturedTV is all about sports now: How live games dominate television Joe Supan — 4 min read
Wednesday, April 21, 2021What is the average internet bill?
David Anders — 8 min read
Tuesday, April 20, 2021U.S. internet speeds have increased 3X in 5 years
Allconnect — 2 min read
Sunday, April 18, 2021Does incognito mode on your computer protect your privacy?
Ari Howard — 3 min read