At Allconnect, we work to present quality information with editorial integrity. While this post may contain offers from our partners, our opinions are our own. Here’s how we make money.
Are you searching for a better way to watch the NBA this season? You’re in luck as watching the NBA on YouTube TV is a smart choice to consider. YouTube TV is a streaming platform you can use to watch live on your phone, computer or through your television.
It’s also one of the best ways to catch huge NBA matchups like the Los Angeles Clippers versus the Los Angeles Lakers or the Miami Heat taking on the Boston Celtics. YouTube TV built its reputation by providing an excellent array of sports channels, making this a great option for NBA fans hoping to catch all the action all season long.
To see if watching the NBA on YouTube TV is right for you, here’s more information about the platform.
Stream TV on your terms
Shop streaming services for your favorite shows and movies on demand, plus live TV.
Cutting the cord doesn’t mean losing live TV. Explore streaming services that have your favorite shows and movies on demand, plus live TV.Compare streaming services
What YouTube TV package do you need to watch the NBA?
To view the NBA on YouTube TV, all you need is its base package, as it includes everything you need. Here’s a closer look at the features the base package offers.
YouTube TV’s base package has everything you need to catch a wide range of NBA games. This package includes ESPN, NBA TV, TNT and ABC, so you’ll be able to watch the hottest matchups from around the league. And if you can’t watch the action live, no worries. YouTube TV offers unlimited recording space. This gives you all the room you need to watch your favorite games at your leisure. Along with sports, YouTube TV comes with a wide range of entertainment, children’s and news channels to accommodate everyone in your household. The platform offers a two-week free trial. And if you decide to keep it, you’ll pay $65/mo. for the base package.
Does YouTube TV require an add-on to watch the NBA?
You do not need an add-on to watch the NBA on YouTube TV. The platform offers all the channels needed to catch the most broadcasts each week, including primetime weekday games and key matchups on Sunday afternoons.
What devices do you need to watch the NBA on YouTube TV
One of the draws to viewing the NBA on YouTube TV is many devices work with the platform. Here’s a list of compatible devices:
- Android devices
- iOS devices
- Apple TV
- Fire TV
- Smart TVs with built-in Chromecast
- Smart TVs with apps such as Vizio, LG, Samsung and Sharp
- Xbox One
- Playstation 4
- Desktop computer (Use the Chrome browser for the best experience)
- Android TV
Do you need an app to watch?
Yes, you’ll need the app to stream YouTube TV. If you want to stream from your phone, you can visit the Google Play or Apple App store to download the YouTube TV app for free. Once you download it, you can stream it to your TV if your TV has built-in Chromecast or if you have Chromecast installed into your TV.
Another way to access the app is through your smart TV’s marketplace. All you have to do is find the app, download it, then enter your login information to use the app from your smart TV. You can also cast the YouTube TV app from your PlayStation 4 or Xbox One by visiting each console’s online app store to download it.
How to watch the NBA on YouTube TV step-by-step
It’s easy to watch YouTube TV NBA games. Here’s how:
- Step One: Sign up for YouTube TV’s free trial.
- Step Two: Once completed, download the YouTube TV app unless you plan to watch the games on your computer. To download the app on your smartphone, visit the app store to receive it for free. The same applies for video game consoles and smart TVs. Upon downloading the apps, enter your login information then launch the app.
- Step Three: Access the guide to find the best NBA games available to you. Typically, this includes evening broadcasts on TNT and ESPN. On Sunday afternoons and the occasional Saturday, you’ll also find NBA games on ABC. Additionally, you can watch highlights, stay up to date with the latest news or relive old classic games on NBA TV.
- Step Four: If you want to record games, you can do so from the guide by selecting the game then following the prompts to record it.
- Step Five: To find your recordings, go to the Library section. And if you want to catch recordings in progress you can do so by selecting Recording Now.
To sum it up
Watching the NBA on YouTube TV is one of the best ways to catch all of the action. The platform offers NBA TV, TNT, ESPN and ABC, which is where most of the games broadcast. And with unlimited recording space, fans can watch their favorite highlights without worry of running out of space. Overall, YouTube TV is a great option for NBA fans to check out.
By Sean Jackson
Stop negotiating channels
Choose streaming services that match your watching habits when you compare on Allconnect.
Watch what you want, when and where you want. Choose streaming services that match your watching habits when you compare on Allconnect.Shop streaming services
- FeaturedWhat a YouTube TV partnership with Windstream could mean for you Scott Orr — 3 min read
- Featured10 of the best apps you need to download now for your smart TV or streaming device Joe Supan — 5 min read
- FeaturedMissing your live sports? Here are some streaming options to fill the void Joe Supan — 5 min read
Sunday, October 25, 2020How to switch internet providers
Alex Sheehan — 6 min read
Saturday, October 24, 2020How iPhone prices went from $650 to $1,000 in five years
Joe Supan — 5 min read
Friday, October 23, 2020Top cafes with Wi-Fi and outdoor seating in Atlanta
Allconnect — 7 min read