At Allconnect, we work to present quality information with editorial integrity. While this post may contain offers from our partners, our opinions are our own. Here’s how we make money.
YouTube TV gives you a tempting reason to get rid of your cable subscription once and for all. A YouTube TV subscription makes live TV, on-demand shows and movies, sports and even YouTube clips all available in one place. And if you’re in search of YouTube TV deals before you pull the trigger, check out the latest YouTube TV free trial offers and deals before you sign up.
Stream TV on your terms
Shop streaming services for your favorite shows and movies on demand, plus live TV.
Cutting the cord doesn’t mean losing live TV. Explore streaming services that have your favorite shows and movies on demand, plus live TV.Compare streaming services
YouTube TV free trials at-a-glance
|Streaming service||Length of free trial||Price after free trial||Eligibility|
|YouTube TV||5 days||$65/mo.|
YouTube TV free trial
How does it work?
If YouTube TV offers sound intriguing, here’s how to get a YouTube TV free trial. A YouTube TV subscription costs $65/mo. When you sign up for the free trial, you’ll need to enter your payment details. You won’t get charged while trying out the service. But after the five days are up, expect to see the $65 charge on your bank or card statement. If you don’t want to commit to the charge, make sure to set up a calendar reminder to cancel the service one or two days before it bills you.
Who is eligible?
New YouTube TV users are eligible. If you already have a YouTube TV subscription, you won’t be able to take advantage of the free trial. A possible workaround is to use a different email address or YouTube account to take advantage of the YouTube TV free trial.
Price after free trial
Once the trial is over, you’ll be charged the regular monthly fee. At this time, YouTube TV costs $65/mo.
Who is it best for?
YouTube TV is great for the whole family. There’s something available for everyone — kid’s channels, sports programming, on-demand and live shows, news and a full library of YouTube videos.
Pros and cons
- Up to six users in a family plan. Larger households will get the most value from the subscription.
- A large variety of live and on-demand programming ensures there is enough variety to keep everyone from sports lovers to aspiring chefs entertained.
- Limited commercials. Although there are some commercials, they are minimal compared to regular TV.
- If you’re switching to YouTube TV to get rid of the cable bill, the $65/mo. subscription cost may be high.
- Quality is affected by your internet connection. Make sure you have enough speed and bandwidth to avoid lag.
- Streaming YouTube TV may use a large amount of your data. Check with your internet service provider about your data limits.
YouTube TV deals and discounts
There are no YouTube TV deals at this time, but check back for updates. In the meantime, be sure to sign up for a YouTube TV free trial to get five days of viewing for free. That’s almost $33 off your first month.
How much is YouTube TV monthly?
YouTube TV raised its prices on July 31, 2020, from $49.99 to $64.99/mo.
What channels do you get with YouTube TV?
YouTube TV offers over 85 channels, including ABC, CBS, ESPN, AMC, The Food Network, NFL Network, Disney and HGTV. You can also add paid channels such as SHOWTIME, ESPN and HBO.
How long is the YouTube TV free trial?
The current YouTube free trial length is five days.
Do you need a smart TV for YouTube TV?
If you don’t have a smart TV, you can still watch YouTube TV by using a streaming media player. YouTube TV works with Amazon Fire, Roku, Apple TV and Xbox One.
What do YouTube TV reviews say?
YouTube TV reviews on Amazon are good. It earned a 4.5 out of 5 stars from customers. Customers love the variety of channels and TV-viewing options. Negative reviews focused on a lack of compatibility with other devices and platforms such as Alexa or FireTV.
What deals does YouTube TV have?
Other than the YouTube TV free trial, there are no deals at this time. Check back to see if we’ve updated this page with the latest YouTube TV offers.
By Cynthia Paez Bowman
Stop negotiating channels
Choose streaming services that match your watching habits when you compare on Allconnect.
Watch what you want, when and where you want. Choose streaming services that match your watching habits when you compare on Allconnect.Shop streaming services
- Featured10 of the best apps you need to download now for your smart TV or streaming device Joe Supan — 5 min read
- FeaturedCable vs. streaming: Which is best for bringing you the channels you want? Joe Supan — 5 min read
- FeaturedHere are the latest student internet deals and tech discounts you can use now! Taylor Gadsden — 6 min read
Sunday, October 25, 2020How to switch internet providers
Alex Sheehan — 6 min read
Saturday, October 24, 2020How iPhone prices went from $650 to $1,000 in five years
Joe Supan — 5 min read
Friday, October 23, 2020Top cafes with Wi-Fi and outdoor seating in Atlanta
Allconnect — 7 min read