At Allconnect, we work to present quality information with editorial integrity. While this post may contain offers from our partners, our opinions are our own. Here’s how we make money.
Screenshot courtesy of Sling TV
NFL fans have an excellent way to stream their favorite games without having to pay the high price of cable. You can watch the NFL on Sling TV. Sling TV is among the most affordable streaming services available with packages starting as low as $30 per month. And when you compare these prices to what cable companies charge, you’ll see how incredible of a deal watching the NFL on Sling TV is.
The platform’s design gives you access to ESPN, where you can catch riveting matchups like the Los Angeles Rams versus the Tampa Bay Buccaneers or the Kansas City Chiefs versus the Baltimore Ravens. And while Sling TV doesn’t have CBS, they’ll send you a free antenna if you prepay for two months. This allows you to catch all of the regional day games on Sundays.
To begin, this guide will help NFL fans learn how to catch all the action on Sling TV.
Stream TV on your terms
Shop streaming services for your favorite shows and movies on demand, plus live TV.
Cutting the cord doesn’t mean losing live TV. Explore streaming services that have your favorite shows and movies on demand, plus live TV.Compare streaming services
What Sling TV package do you need to watch the NFL?
When signing up to watch Sling TV NFL games, there’s one package dedicated for sports fans. As such, you’ll want to choose the Sling Orange package.
|Sling Orange||$30/mo.||Yes, three days|
Sling Orange is the best way to watch the NFL on Sling TV. The package includes ESPN, so you can catch every Monday night football game, featuring some of the best matchups the league has to offer. Sling Orange features other popular channels like AMC, the Disney Channel and TNT for $30/mo. And as noted above, if you prepay for two months of service, you’ll receive a free antenna. Given many NFL games are broadcast on local channels like NBC, FOX and CBS, this gives you a great way to capture all the action for less.
Does Sling TV require an add-on to watch the NFL?
Sling TV is unique in that you’ll need an antenna to broadcast local channels since they don’t show them like other streaming platforms do. However, Sling TV does offer an incentive where you can receive an antenna for free by prepaying for two months of service upfront. Outside of that, you do not need an add-on to watch NFL on Sling TV if you subscribe to the Sling Orange package.
What devices do you need to watch the NFL on Sling TV
Watching the NFL on Sling TV has never been easier, as the platform supports a wide variety of devices such as:
- Android phones and tablets
- iOS devices
- Apple TV
- Samsung devices
- LG devices
- Fire TV
- Air TV mini
- Android TV
- TiVo Stream
- Xbox One
- Google devices
- Google Chromecast
Do you need an app?
Yes, you can download the Sling TV app on select smart TVs. You can also download the app on the Google Play and Apple App stores. If you’re using a video game console like Xbox, you can go to the marketplace to download the app easily. Getting the app allows you to watch Sling TV NFL games on the go or stream them from your device to your TV.
How to watch the NFL on Sling TV step-by-step
Watching the NFL on Sling TV is convenient to do. Here’s how to get started so you can catch all the NFL action:
- Step One: Download the Sling TV free trial
- Step Two: Choose the Sling Orange plan, as it includes access to ESPN for all Monday night primetime matchups. And if you plan to keep Sling TV to watch NFL games, prepay two months free so you receive a free antenna to access NFL games on local broadcasts like NBC, CBS and FOX.
- Step Three: Once you sign up for service, download the app if you plan to stream content through your phone, video game console or smart TV.
- Step Four: Pair your app with your TV so you can watch games live.
- Step Five: Access the guide to find which games air each week. Typically, the NFL broadcasts Sunday games on local networks, with day games being on CBS and FOX and Sunday night games on NBC.
- Step Six: You can choose to record games to watch later through the guide. With each Sling TV package, you’ll have access to 10 hours of recording space. However, you can upgrade to Cloud DVR plus for 50 hours of recording space for an additional $5 monthly.
The bottom line
Sling TV is one of the most affordable ways to stream NFL games. They even offer an incentive where you can receive a free antenna after prepaying for your first two months of service. By doing this and choosing the Sling Orange package, you’ll have access to most of the games each week broadcast in your area, so you’ll be able to cheer on your local team while also seeing some of the best games the NFL has to offer.
By Sean Jackson
Stop negotiating channels
Choose streaming services that match your watching habits when you compare on Allconnect.
Watch what you want, when and where you want. Choose streaming services that match your watching habits when you compare on Allconnect.Shop streaming services
- FeaturedSling TV raises prices by $5 on all plans, shuffles channel lineups Joe Supan — 2 min read
- FeaturedMissing your Fox Sports fix? Here’s what Sling and DISH customers need to know Joe Supan — 2 min read
- FeaturedMissing your live sports? Here are some streaming options to fill the void Joe Supan — 5 min read
Sunday, October 25, 2020How to switch internet providers
Alex Sheehan — 6 min read
Saturday, October 24, 2020How iPhone prices went from $650 to $1,000 in five years
Joe Supan — 5 min read
Friday, October 23, 2020Top cafes with Wi-Fi and outdoor seating in Atlanta
Allconnect — 7 min read