Looking for cheap internet? DSL internet is a great option if you are looking for affordable internet access. Just enter your address above or give us a call and we’ll help you find DSL internet providers available in your area.
What is DSL internet?
DSL internet is the original high-speed internet service. Pioneered by telephone companies primarily offering home phone service, DSL (Direct Subscriber Line) makes it easy for families all across the country to get high-speed internet. DSL internet uses a home’s pre-existing phone lines to deliver the Internet signal. All it takes is the addition of a broadband modem and plug-in phone-line filters.
With those 2 extra pieces of technology, your DSL connection will be able to take advantage of the unused portion of the phone line connection and communicate with the World Wide Web. And this gives you the ability to make better use of your telephone line by surfing the web, downloading pictures, watching online videos, and (of course) making phone calls – all at the same time.
The Main Benefits of DSL Internet Providers
- Ease: If you already have a home phone line setup, getting DSL is super simple. It’s just a matter of ordering the service and plugging in a broadband modem and phone-line filters.
- Quality: Unlike Cable Internet, DSL doesn’t get overloaded and spotty when people are using the network at the same time. Thus, the performance of your connection will never be affected.
- Speed: With DSL, your speed is always steady, no matter if you have 2 or 200 people tapping into the network. With cable, the speed of the connection can be affected by how many others in your neighborhood are logged on at the same time. (Think of it like how traffic slows down your commute at peak times and rush hours.)
- Price:The price you pay guarantees you the speed you’re paying for, no matter what. There is no fluctuation in the speed you purchase.
- Availability: DSL can be available, and easily setup, even in remote areas – especially if you have a phone line already connected with the internet provider. And, unlike dial-up, you can access both the Internet and your phone line at the same time. There’s no need to sacrifice one for the other, or to buy a separate phone line dedicated to the internet connection.
With all this awesomeness in mind, you’re probably asking yourself, "So, how do I find cheap DSL services in my area?" And folks, that answer is as easy as a few keystrokes. Just enter your address above and we'll show you all of the DSL Internet options near you.
How to Order the DSL Internet
DSL service makes its way into your home through major phone service providers like Verizon , AT&T , CenturyLink and other telephone companies across the country. Each company offers several different DSL packages and connection speed levels – allowing you to choose your preferred DSL connection based upon low price, high speed, or both. Many DSL providers also offer bundled services – combining DSL Internet with local phone, wireless phone, and digital TV – making it even more affordable.
Just follow these steps to see which providers offer DSL Internet in your area:
1. Enter your address in the box at the top of the page
2. Review the list of DSL Internet providers available to you
3. See side-by-side comparisons of internet speeds, modem options, and prices; and even compare DSL to other connection types so you can make the most informed decision possible.
4. Choose a provider and check out online or give us a call to finish ordering!
To see which providers offer DSL Internet connections in your area, just enter your address in the box at the top of the page. From there, you can research multiple DSL Internet providers; see side-by-side comparisons of internet speeds, modem options, and prices; and even compare DSL to other connection types so you can make the most informed decision possible.