DIRECTV Customer Service
Call 1-844-328-5285 to order new DIRECTV services for your home.
Contact DIRECTV customer service
For billing questions, changes to your account and to pay your DIRECTV bill over the phone, call the DIRECTV customer service number.
DIRECTV customer service number:
Available 8 a.m. - 12 a.m. ET
No time to call the DIRECTV customer service number? Here are some additional ways to contact DIRECTV customer service.
Send your tweet to: @DIRECTV
Check the DIRECTV twitter feed for updates from DIRECTV, including outage reports. Avoid sending personal account information unless in a Direct Message.
Send a Facebook message to: facebook.com/directv
Check the DIRECTV Facebook page for for updates from DIRECTV, including outage reports. Avoid sending personal account information unless in a private Facebook message.
To live chat with a representative, visit: DIRECTV Help Center and click the blue “Chat Available” button under the Contact Us section. DIRECTV Chat is available for billing and account services and technical support.
Send your correspondence to:
PO Box 105503
Atlanta, GA 30348-5503
Note: This is not the address to return your DIRECTV equipment.
DIRECTV doesn’t have store locations, but you can visit your nearest AT&T retail location for assistance with DIRECTV services. Note: AT&T retail locations do not accept DIRECTV boxes or equipment.
DIRECTV support videos are available 24/7 and offer guides for using and troubleshooting DIRECTV equipment. Browse popular videos, or select one of the topics under “DIRECTV Tech Support Videos” to narrow your search,
Tips for speaking with DIRECTV customer service
Here are a few tips for contacting DIRECTV customer service by phone:
- Have a pen and paper ready to jot down important information.
- Know the phone number associated with your account. This is how the automated service identifies your account, so you don’t need to know your account number.
- After verifying your phone number, listen to each menu option carefully and select the one that most applies to your reason for calling.
- Press “0” to be transferred to a customer service rep. You will need to state a brief reason for your call to be transferred to the correct department.
- Have a payment method ready if calling to pay your DIRECTV bill.
Need DIRECTV technical support?
DIRECTV tech support
The DIRECTV technical support number is the same as the DIRECTV customer service number.
Following account verification, press “0” to speak with a representative. When prompted to state the reason for your call, say “technical support” to be transferred to a tech support representative.
DIRECTV tech support online
DIRECTV online support
Visit the DIRECTV tech support page to troubleshoot common DIRECTV issues and error code meanings.
Browse the topics on the page, or enter your question in the search bar beside “Help Center” to search for answers related to your technical support issue.
How to pay your DIRECTV bill
Make a single payment to your DIRECTV account any of the following ways:
- Call the DIRECTV customer service number: 1-800-531-5000 between 8 a.m. and 12 a.m. ET.
- Follow the automated prompts to pay your bill with a checking account, debit or credit card.
Note: Paying your DIRECTV bill phone may incur a processing fee.
- From the main DIRECTV page, click “My Account” from the navigation menu.
- Log in to your account, or create a new account with your DIRECTV account number.
- Click “Pay Bill” underneath the displayed account balance.
- Follow the prompts to pay your bill with a credit card or bank account.
- Use the envelope included with your DIRECTV bill, or visit the DIRECTV billing page to find the appropriate address to send your payment.
- Pay with a check or money order. Write your DIRECTV account number on your payment method. Do not send cash.
- Ensure your payment is postmarked by the due date to avoid late payment fees.
- Visit any Western Union location with your DIRECTV account number and cash for payment.
- Use “DIRECTVUT” for the city code.
Note: Western Union will charge a fee to process your payment.
DIRECTV customer service frequently asked questions
Locate the red reset button on your Genie or Genie Mini. For Genie devices, the red button can be found in the access card compartment on the front. For Genie Minis, the red button is on the side or back of the device. Press the button to reset the box.
DIRECTV does not have store locations, so you can not directly pay your DIRECTV bill in person. You can, however, submit your DIRECTV payment at any Western Union location.
DIRECTV charges $5 or more depending on the laws of your state for late payments. Additionally, if DIRECTV suspends your service for non-payment, an additional charge up to $15 may apply.
As a satellite TV service, DIRECTV service may temporarily go out in inclement weather. If you think your service outage is due to a larger issue, check the DIRECTV twitter or Facebook pages to check service status.
Error codes help you troubleshoot problems with DIRECTV service. Click here for a list of DIRECTV error codes and their meaning.
Look to the “What Changed Since Last Month?” section on your billing statement for details about your bill compared to last month. For more information, call 1-800-531-5000.
Last updated on 7/5/18.