AT&T customer service information
Call 844-201-8930 to order new AT&T TV, internet and home phone services for your home.
Contact AT&T TV or internet customer service
For billing questions, changes to your account and over the phone bill payment, dial the AT&T customer service number below.
AT&T TV customer service number
You can call the AT&T customer service phone number, but there are many ways to contact customer service.
Send your tweet to: @ATTCares
Check the AT&T twitter feed for information about AT&T services, including outages and troubleshooting tips. Avoid sending personal account information unless in a Direct Message.
Send a Facebook message to: facebook.com/ATT.
Check the AT&T Facebook page for information about AT&T services, events, tips and more. Avoid sending personal account information unless in a private Facebook message.
To live chat with an AT&T representative, visit: AT&T - Contact Us. Then tap on “Chat Available” and choose which service you’d like to live chat about.
You can talk to fellow AT&T customers and AT&T employees on the AT&T Community Forums. There, you’ll also find video tutorials and discussions categorized by topic.
Use the AT&T store locator to find the nearest AT&T store or AT&T authorized retailer. These locations allow you to shop for new devices, new service packages get service support and more.
Tips for speaking with AT&T customer service
Here are a few tips for contacting AT&T customer service by phone:
- Have a pen and paper nearby to jot down important information.
- Have your AT&T account number ready. You can find this number on your most recent billing statement or on your online AT&T account profile.
- Listen to each menu option carefully and select the one that most applies to your reason for calling.
- If possible, avoid potentially long wait times by calling during non-traditional business hours. The AT&T customer service line is available at different times depending on AT&T service. Many service lines are available until 7 p.m. or later.
- Write down the name of your AT&T customer service representative, and give them your phone number in case the call gets disconnected.
- Have a payment method ready if calling to pay your AT&T bill.
Need AT&T technical support?
AT&T tech support
AT&T technical support is available to customers to receive help with their services.
- Wi-Fi troubleshooting
- Navigating U-verse options
- Resetting a wireless router
- Service outages
- And more!
AT&T tech support online
Visit the AT&T online support page for billing and account support as well as tech support, community forum discussions and instructional videos about AT&T services and equipment.
How to pay your AT&T bill
Make a single payment to your AT&T account using one of the following methods:
To pay via phone call, call 1-800-222-0300.
To set up text pay services, log into your AT&T account and follow the TXT-2-PAY prompts. After you set up TXT-2-PAY, you will receive a free text message 6 days before your bill due date. You’ll be able to pay by responding to the automated text message.
To pay with the myAT&T App, text myATT to 556699. You’ll get a link to download the app. Download the myAT&T App and log into your account on the app to make payments.
- From the AT&T homepage, tap “Sign in” in the top navigation bar.
- Sign in using your User ID and Password.
- Select “Make a payment.”
- Select “Payment Method” from the drop-down and select your payment type. If you select a new method, a pop-up opens.
- Complete the fields and select “Continue.”
- Select “Next” and finally “Submit.”
- Visit the Payment Mailing Address search to find out where you can mail payments.
- Enter your ZIP code to find the mailing address where you can mail bill payments.
- Mail your monthly AT&T service payments to the address given.
AT&T customer service frequently asked questions
You can order AT&T internet, TV and home phone with one quick phone call to Allconnect. Dial the number at the top of your screen to complete your order and schedule your AT&T service installation if needed.
Many AT&T stores are authorized AT&T retailers. Corporate stores may handle and sell slightly different products and services than authorized retailers. Retailers are independently owned and operated. Before you visit a store, call to ask what services they can provide.
To check if your internet service is down, visit the AT&T Troubleshooting page. Then log in with your AT&T account information and tap on “Check for Outages.” AT&T will provide you with local service status information.
Visit AT&T’s Service Area map to find out if AT&T is available near you. Currently, AT&T internet is available in 21 states across the U.S. DIRECTV is available nationwide and AT&T home security services are available in 25 states.
AT&T customer service does not provide an email, so the best way to contact AT&T is by calling customer service or starting a live chat.
Late fees for late internet, digital phone or U-verse TV payments are up to $10 per bill that isn’t paid in full. Late fees for late DIRECTV payments are up to $4.25.
Last updated on 6/14/18.
Order AT&T services in your area
Allconnect brings you top deals from internet and TV providers in your area. Shop available AT&T TV and internet packages for your home with Allconnect, then call to place your order.