What is a Genie Whole-Home HD DVR?
You finally finished moving and have chosen to order DIRECTV for your television provider. Now you have to choose between all the packages that are offered, which also includes choosing the devices for each TV.
Currently, the most of the TV viewers throughout the country use at least one DVR in their home. This has certainly become the standard so it’s not so much “if” you should order one but with “whom” should you actually order it from.
DIRECTV offers their top-of-the-line device called the Genie Whole-Home HD DVR. This is basically DIRECTV’s answer to the Hopper which DISH Network heavily promotes.
The Genie Whole-Home DVR is the primary device hooked up to the main TV in your home. The new and improved feature with this device is the ability to record five shows at the same time onto its one TB internal hard drive. This is pretty good considering some of us have multiple viewers in our home with different tastes in viewing content. Recording primetime shows can be a headache especially since most of the top rated shows are usually running at the same time.
The Genie Whole-Home HD DVR features:
– The ability to watch 2 channels at once with Picture-in-Picture
– Record and watch each show in any room with just one HD DVR
– Access to thousands of On Demand movies and shows
– Record shows in HD
– Watch shows in HD
– Control what your kids watch with parental controls
– Pause and rewind live HDTV for up to 90 minutes
– Set your DVR from anywhere with your cell phone or computer
– Watch 3D TV
– Real-time scores of any major game
- Width: 13.11 in, Height: 1.97 in, Depth: 9.69 in
– Audio Outputs
- 1 Digital (coaxial), 1 Digital (optical) 1 Stereo (L/R, RCA)
– Video Outputs
- 1 HDMI, 1 Component (YPbPr), 1 Composite (RCA)
- 1 Satellite In, 1 Internal RF antenna, 1 Front USB port, 1 Back USB port, 1 Ethernet port, 1 eSATA port, 1 Phone Jack, 1 AC Power Inlet Connector
Along with Genie Whole-Home HD DVR, the Genie Mini is a useful device for the extra TVs you have in your home. This is a relatively small device that can be hidden away, out of plain site so that you can keep things neat and organized. The Genie Mini works in tandem with the Genie Whole-Home HD DVR so that you can watch, record, delete, pause and rewind shows from any room. The main selling point here is the ability to watch recorded shows on four other TVs at the same time instead of just your primary TV that’s connected to the Whole-Home HD DVR.