The 2019-20 NBA regular season tips-off on Tuesday, October 22. 30 teams will play 82 games for more than 1,200 games total, so there will be plenty of NBA action to keep up with. You can watch most of the action live on TV and via select streaming services. Here’s how.
Watch NBA games live on TV
ABC, ESPN, NBA TV and TNT are scheduled to host the nationally-televised NBA games. These channels are available from most major TV providers and, aside from NBA TV, are likely all included with basic TV packages. If you don’t get NBA TV, you may need to upgrade your TV package or add a sports package that includes the channel.
Regional networks such as Fox Sports Networks are likely your go-to for watching the “home team.”
Your regional sports networks may be included with basic TV packages or as part of a separate sports package from your provider.
Few TV providers offer regional sports networks outside the local market, but DIRECTV does offer every regional sports channel they carry with their PREMIER™ package.
When and what channels are NBA games on?
- NBA on ABC – NBA Saturday Primetime on ABC will air nine games, each starting at 8:30 p.m. ET between January 18 and April 11, 2020. NBA Sunday Showcase on ABC is scheduled to broadcast six Sunday afternoon games between February 2 and April 5, 2020. Select holiday games, including Christmas Day games and MLK games, will also air on ABC.
- NBA on ESPN – ESPN will air nationally-televised Wednesday and Friday NBA games, with 72 total games currently scheduled.
- NBA on NBA TV – NBA TV will broadcast various live games throughout the season. According to NBA’s official schedule release, each NBA team is scheduled to “appear multiple times on NBA TV in the 2019-20 season.”
- NBA on TNT – While ESPN will be your go-to for NBA games on Wednesdays and Fridays, TNT will host the nationally-televised Tuesday and Thursday games. TNT is scheduled to broadcast 62 games.
- NBA on regional sports networks – Game times and channels will vary by your location and the regional sports network you have.
Get every out-of-market game with NBA League Pass
A basic cable package will get you dozens of games, especially if you have NBA TV and regional sports networks, but if you want every game, check out NBA LEAGUE PASS.
This add-on sports package delivers every live, out-of-market NBA game that isn’t already scheduled to air nationally throughout the regular season. It also includes Summer League and pre-season games, All Star weekend coverage and the NBA playoffs. An NBA LEAGUE PASS subscription also comes with NBA TV, an added bonus if you don’t already get the channel.
NBA LEAGUE PASS is available from most major TV providers, including AT&T U-verse, Cox, DISH, DIRECTV, Spectrum and Xfinity. The sports package will cost you a single fee of around $200, or, depending on your TV provider, a monthly fee of around $30 for the season.Shop internet plans
What if I just want to follow one NBA team?
Get live games from the team of your choice with NBA TEAM PASS. It’s a lower monthly cost than NBA LEAGUE PASS. This package is for out-of-market teams only. For example, you couldn’t order NBA TEAM PASS to watch Celtics games if you live in Boston, but you could get a subscription to watch Celtics games if you lived in Indianapolis.
How to live stream NBA games
The channels scheduled to air live NBA games — ABC, ESPN, NBA TV, TNT and regional sports networks — each offer live TV streaming on their official websites and apps. To stream live NBA games from these networks, you’ll need login credentials from your TV provider. Live TV streaming may not be available if the channels are not included with your TV package.
Over-the-top services for streaming live NBA games
Cord cutters can also get their share of live NBA games. Take a look at popular live TV streaming services such as AT&T TV NOW and Hulu + LIVE TV that offer channels with NBA games. Channels may not be available in all markets.
|NBA game channel||AT&T TV NOW||fuboTV||Hulu + Live TV||PlayStation Vue||Sling TV|
|Regional sports networks||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|NBA LEAGUE/TEAM PASS available||✔||✔|
Are you ready for tip-off?
To get the most NBA action this season, consider a TV package or streaming service that includes the channels airing live NBA games. If you plan on streaming live NBA games, you’ll want a fast, reliable internet connection.Shop TV