At Allconnect, we work to present quality information with editorial integrity. While this post may contain offers from our partners, our opinions are our own. Here’s how we make money.
Google+ is now Google Currents after the official shutdown of the company’s failed social media network in April 2019.
Google+ was phased out by the company due to low usage and security issues stemming from two data leaks that jeopardized the information of millions. Its successor, Google Currents, is geared towards companies and helping them communicate internally.
“Currents is a G Suite app that enables people to have meaningful discussions and interactions across your organization, helping keep everyone in the know and giving leaders the opportunity to connect with their employees,” the G Suite team announced at Google Cloud Next ‘19.
Currents features a new look and feel along with a “ streamlined experience for composing content.” The new platform hopes to more easily connect employees with leaders, admins with their channels and all users with content that interests them.
Here are a few features you’ll find on the new Google Currents:
- Users may post and track the performance of their content while others give feedback, comment and ask questions on one forum
- Posts from leadership will have top priority for better visibility
- Employees will see educational and news content customized to their role to create learning opportunities
- Admins may delegate tasks to Content Administrators who can assign custom tags, moderate and create custom streams
The platform’s rebrand and refocus comes just in time for the recent shift from in-office to remote working and learning. Competing services include task management platforms like Jira, Trello and Asana.
Available now, users can download the Google Currents app on any Android or iOS application marketplace.
Connecting a lot of devices?
Multiple devices? Get the power you need. Shop internet and TV on Allconnect, for free.
Compare internet and TV providers for the power you need to stay connected. Shop internet and TV on Allconnect, for free.Shop providers
Written by:Taylor Gadsden
Taylor is a veteran member of the Allconnect content team and has spearheaded a number of projects, most notably our holiday tech gift guide. Among her other top trafficked pieces is Best… Read more
- FeaturedHow to quickly and easily set up your Google Home and Google Home mini Virginia Brown — 3 min read
- FeaturedBeginner’s guide to making your home Wi-Fi ready Taylor Gadsden — 5 min read
- FeaturedAT&T aims to do its part to Keep Americans Connected during the COVID-19 crisis Lisa Iscrupe — 3 min read
Thursday, October 1, 2020Another internet outage got you down? Here’s how to get back online fast
Lisa Iscrupe — 4 min read
Wednesday, September 30, 2020Should you keep your cable TV service? Three reasons not to cut the cord
Shannon Ullman — 3 min read
Wednesday, September 30, 2020What are the most popular social networking sites worldwide?
Lisa Iscrupe — 4 min read