We’ve come a long way since the rotary phone. Even flip phones seem like artifacts compared to today’s touchscreen smartphone era — a trend that’s led to about 57% of Americans ditching the landline to go completely wireless.
But adding a landline to the mix gives you better access to emergency services, a quality connection, cost savings and a bunch of other potential benefits.
So, if you have a home phone service, check out these five best cordless phones to add to your Amazon wishlist.
5 best cordless phones
- Best for any budget – VTech CS6719-2 2-Handset Expandable Cordless Phone
- Best for big households and small offices – Panasonic Bluetooth Cordless Phone KX-TG7875S Link2Cell
- Best for cell phone integration – Panasonic Bluetooth Cordless PhoneKX-TG9541B Link2Cell
- Best for accessibility – AT&T CRL82312 3-Handset Expandable Cordless Phone
- Best for answering machine – VTech DS6151 2-Line Cordless Phone System
How to choose the best home phone
Before we get to the good stuff, it’s important to know how to choose the best cordless phone. We all have different needs, so what’s best for you might not be best for your neighbor. In general, think about:
- Number of users – Do you need multiple handsets? Multiple lines? Some cordless phones will also have intercom between handsets, helpful for larger family homes or small businesses. A handset locator is also helpful if you have lots of people sharing the phone.
- Battery – This is important for times of emergency, especially if you don’t have a reliable backup mobile option. If the power goes out, you’ll want your phone’s batteries to last.
- Display – How bright is the display? LCD screens are typically more legible. You also want to make sure it’s large enough for you to read. Some cordless phones also have caller ID on the display for incoming calls.
- Integrations – Some of the top-of-the-line cordless phones can integrate or use apps for other devices in your home. This could be things like your smartphone, TV or smart home devices. You can also find phones with Bluetooth connectivity.
- Enhanced features – If you want more bells and whistles, look for advanced features like call waiting, three-way, call blocking, call return, voicemail, private calling, spam filtering and more.
- Price – We’ve all got a budget. Like most things, the more features you want, the more you’ll have to pay. There are great options for every price range.
Allconnect® is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, Allconnect is responsible for all content on this page.
Cordless home phone comparison chart
|Phone||Approx. price||Caller ID and Call Waiting||Smartphone integration||Screen type|
|VTech CS6719-2 2-Handset Expandable Cordless Phone||$||Yes||No||LCD|
|Panasonic Bluetooth Cordless Phone KX-TG7875S||$$$||Yes||Yes||LCD|
|Link2Cell Cordless Phone||$$$||Yes||Yes||LCD|
|AT&T CRL82312 3-Handset Expandable Cordless Phone||$$||Yes||No||LCD|
|VTech DS6151 2-Line Cordless Phone System||$$||Yes||No||LCD|
Best cordless phone for any budget
Don’t want to splurge? No problem. Check out the VTech CS6719-2 2-Handset Expandable Cordless Phone with Caller ID/Call Waiting, Handset Intercom & Backlit Display/Keypad. This cordless phone has earned a 3.9 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
Key benefits include:
- Simple to set up and use
- Good range
- Speed dial
- Multiple ring options
- Doesn’t hold a great charge
- Sometimes there’s a delay when you push a button to do something
Best cordless phone for big households and small offices
The Panasonic Bluetooth Cordless Phone KX-TG7875S Link2Cell with Enhanced Noise Reduction & Digital Answering Machine is for you if you’ve got a lot of people hopping on the phone. The 3.7-star rated cordless phone comes with five handsets.
What people love about it:
- Link up to two smartphones and charge via USB — you don’t even technically need a landline to use this phone
- Easy to read and hear
- Spam call blocking
- Listen to and monitor incoming messages from any connected handset
The things they’re not so crazy about:
- In the rare case, you have an issue, support is difficult to work with
- No color screen
Best cordless phone for cell phone integration
Another in the Panasonic cordless phone family, the Link2Cell Cordless Phone Bluetooth Enabled with Answering Machine and 2 Phone lines – 1 Cordless Handset – KX-TG9541B boasts even better smartphone connectivity. It’s slightly cheaper but has also earned a 3.9-star rating.
Here’s the good:
- In addition to USB charging and Bluetooth smartphone connectivity for up to four devices, the cordless phone will display text messages
- Intelligent battery charging helps batteries last longer
- Great sound quality
- Advanced features like hold music
And the bad:
- No hold or conference button on the handset (they’re only on the soft key menu)
- Not many ringtone options
Best cordless phone for accessibility
For those with accessibility needs, check out the AT&T CRL82312 3-Handset Expandable Cordless Phone with Answering System, XL Display, Backlit Buttons & Visual Ringer. It’s available with two or three handsets and has a 4-star rating on Amazon.
The rundown on what people like:
- Extra-large buttons and clear, bright LCD display are easy for anyone to read
- Hearing aid compatibility
- Visual ringing indicator
What people complain about:
- Poor sound quality when on speaker
Best cordless phone for answering machine
Rounding out our list of best cordless phones is the VTech DS6151 2-Line Cordless Phone System for Home or Small Business with Digital Answering System & Mailbox on each line. This is a great option if you need voicemail-related features. It boasts 3.8 stars on Amazon.
Pros of this cordless phone:
- Easy to use
- Great sound quality
- Calls are digitized and encrypted for added security
- Works with hearing aids
- Small, hard-to-read display
- Slow to charge
Need more advice on other home services? Don’t forget to check out the latest on our Resource Center!