Even on a holiday getaway, it’s hard to completely disconnect from the digital world. Vacation rental giant Airbnb recognized this and made it easy for owners to share with potential guests what type of internet is available in their space.
Hosts have been able to manually add internet information to their listings, but now, according to an Airbnb, “Hosts can test their listing’s connection speed right within the Airbnb app, and easily have their Wi-Fi speed information posted on their listing page, making their listings more appealing to guests looking for connected stays.”
Understanding your Wi-Fi speed test result
Internet speed is often a confusing measurement, but Airbnb provides an easy-to-understand explanation that owners can share with their guests as well:
Speeds and what they mean for guests
- No Wi-Fi available.
- You either don’t have Wi-Fi or can’t connect. Try rebooting your router or moving to another space in your property.
1 – 6 Mbps
- Your Wi-Fi is fairly slow.
- Guests can check messages and browse the web.
7 – 24 Mbps
- Solid Wi-Fi speed.
- Guests can stream HD videos.
25 – 49 Mbps
- Snappy Wi-Fi speed.
- Guests can stream 4K videos and join video calls.
- Wow! Fast Wi-Fi speed
- Guests can stream 4K videos and join video calls on multiple devices.
Airbnb does qualify that this feature is only available on iOS and Android and isn’t available in some countries and regions.
Curious what speed you are getting at home? You can test your internet speed with Allconnect’s free speed test. Get your results plus free internet speed tips sent right to your inbox.
Allconnect: Let us compare providers for you
Why should you choose Allconnect? We’re the #1 broadband marketplace in the U.S, meaning you can trust us to search, compare and order internet and TV service for your home.Get started
Written by:Robin Layton
Editor, Broadband Content
Robin Layton is an editor with Allconnect. She works closely with the content team writers to ensure consumers get a fair and balanced reporting of the state of broadband services to help them understand the pro… Read more
Edited by:Joe Supan
Principal Writer, Broadband Content
- FeaturedTop connected vacation towns for digital nomads Camryn Smith — 6 min read
- FeaturedHeading out for part of the year? Consider pausing your service with seasonal holds Lena Borrelli — 3 min read
- Featured18 tips to improve your internet connection and boost Wi-Fi signal Lisa Iscrupe — 9 min read
Monday, September 18, 2023Allconnect’s broadband reports: Internet speeds to expect around the U.S.
Camryn Smith — 3 min read
Friday, September 15, 2023Popular internet speeds for the best internet connection
Camryn Smith — 7 min read
Thursday, September 14, 2023Phone safety for children: Parental controls for iPhone & Android
Robin Layton — 6 min read