So you just got your cable or satellite hooked up and you can’t wait to start watching your favorite TV shows and movies. Be sure to enjoy your new TV service, but don’t forget to set your parental controls. You may be wondering why setting up your parental controls is such an important thing to remember. Well here are 5 reasons why it’s a good idea!
- Kids can’t watch what you watch: Your kids might want to watch the same shows as you, but if they aren’t old enough then they shouldn’t have access to them. When you’re not around and your kids watch TV, you will still be able to relax when you know there are parental controls to block inappropriate programs.
- Your kids might have friends over: Your kids might decide to invite some friends over and there is a good chance they will want to watch TV at some point. It’s always a good idea to monitor what your kids and their friends watch. Parental controls make it easy to do that. Besides, you never know what the other parents allow their children to watch so it’s always good to be on the safe side!
- Even if you don’t have kids: Even if you don’t have any kids around your house it’s still a good idea to set up your parental controls. You might have young nieces or nephews that come over and want to use your TV. You also could have some other friends of yours that bring their kids with them when they come over. It’s good to know they will only have access to shows that are appropriate for them to watch.
- Satellite and cable both have it: Parental controls are available on most cable and satellite packages. So as you browse around to find the TV service that is right for you, make sure it offers parental controls. It makes life much easier and you will be glad you have it in the long-run!
- It’s easy to set up: It’s a piece of cake! Your TV service will walk you through the steps of setting up your code so you can block certain programs. It will only take a few minutes, so you can just take care of it right after your TV service is installed!
Author bio: Mitch Seibert writes about saving money around the home.
Allconnect is a free online resource to review and compare the costs and choices for essential home services, including home utilities, high speed Internet, phone, cable TV, satellite TV, and home security systems.