Home Service Bundles - How to Evaluate ThemThere are several options when it comes to home service bundles. How do you make the right choice?
How to Evaluate Home Service Bundles
There's no question that home service bundles - which combine phone service, cable TV or satellite TV, and high speed internet - save money and offer the convenience of consolidated billing. But before committing to one of the numerous special offers, consider these questions to ensure your plan is right for you.
- Evaluate what you need in home phone service, Internet service, and cable TV or satellite TV. Companies include numerous incentives in bundles, offering features like unlimited calling, faster download speeds, premium programming, video on demand and more. Think about:
- How many local calls you make?
- How many long distance calls you make and what time of day?
- What are the calling features - such as three-way calls, call waiting and call forwarding - you truly use?
- What size files you download and upload?
- Are there shows specific to cable TV or satellite TV that you want to watch?
- Do you need to record TV shows or have flexibility in accessing programming?
- Know what the rate is after the introductory period is over. Also look at the monthly fees for each service in the bundle.
- Consider the upfront installation fees. Bundles may waive this fee or offer rebates.
- Confirm if you are committing to a contract for a specified amount of time and if there is a cancellation fee.
- Competition has companies jumping on the bundling bandwagon with numerous special offers. Consider not only services and costs, but also the company's reputation for quality and customer service.
- By entering your address in the spot above, you can compare the companies and their options for bundles vs. purchasing home services separately. The comparison tool allows you to select several plans and study the details.